ADDON: "eBay orders export" add-on

Dear friends!

We would like to announce the “eBay orders export” add-on developed by Alt-team.

This add-on will be helpful for online store owners who sell products both through eBay and through CS-Cart.

Features:

[list]

[][size=4]Orders made through eBay appear on orders page in CS-Cart admin panel;[/size]

[
][size=4]Ability to set up the export period;[/size]

[][size=4]Products sold through eBay are indicated with an eBay icon on orders page in CS-Cart admin panel;[/size]

[
][size=4]The number of products in stock are automatically reduced.[/size]

[/list]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]More details and documentation about this addon you can find on this page.[/font][/color]

[size=4]Our current price is $70[/size]

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Best regards, Alt-team

Very interesting. Does this allow you to export products from CS up to ebay?

Hello clips!

This add-on doesn't include [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]export products from CS-Cart to ebay, it exports orders from ebay to CS-Cart only. Export products from CS-Cart to ebay can be implemented as a separate module but at the moment we don't promise to do it. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We all know that eBay integration topic was actively discussed on cs-cart forums and since we've got an opportunity to develop a part of it - ebay orders export to Cs-Cart - we've decided to sell it for your comfort. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Best regards, Alt-team[/font][/color]

Interesting!

export period question…if i run the cron as documented on your site every 1 hour, that would keep my cs-cart ebay orders up to date Correct?

I also presume that once an order has been exported that it will not be exported a second time causing duplicates.

what is the order status of exported ebay orders?

The phone field is mandatory in my cs-cart, but a customer phone number is not provided by ebay, will this cause some issue's?

Any screenshots available of an exported ebay order?

right now i am using a free shipping method for most my products and 1 USPS first class method for some products.

I have at this time all my ebay products in one hidden category in my cs-cart

for the USA on ebay i offer free shipping as the USPS Economy Shipping

optional USPS standard Shipping for a low fee and optional [color=#5D5D5D][font=Arial][size=1][left]Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail[/left][/size][/font][/color][sup]®[/sup][color=#5D5D5D][font=Arial][size=1][left])[/left][/size][/font][/color]

and the same as above for Canada at different rates

I am trying to find these shipping methods on your list:

Economy Shipping >>> [color=#2C2B2B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]USPS Economy Parcel ??[/size][/font][/color]

standard Shipping >>>

[color=#5D5D5D][font=Arial][size=1][left]Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail[/left][/size][/font][/color][sup]®[/sup][color=#5D5D5D][font=Arial][size=1][left]) >>> [/left][/size][/font][/color][color=#2C2B2B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]USPS Priority ??[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1341983891' post='140382']

This add-on doesn't include [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]export products from CS-Cart to ebay, it exports orders from ebay to CS-Cart only. Export products from CS-Cart to ebay can be implemented as a separate module but at the moment we don't promise to do it. [/font][/color]

[/quote]

Sounds cool. Great idea and I'm sure it will work perfect for many. It just isn't really something we wanted or needed at this point so we'll just keep our eye on it.

Hello carbjetkits!

I will try to answer your questions.

[quote name='carbjetkits' timestamp='1342037221' post='140489']

export period question…if i run the cron as documented on your site every 1 hour, that would keep my cs-cart ebay orders up to date Correct? [/quote]

Yes!

I also presume that once an order has been exported that it will not be exported a second time causing duplicates.[/quote]

If an order has been exported, it will not be exported the second time.

what is the order status of exported ebay orders?[/quote]

The status is Completed.

The phone field is mandatory in my cs-cart, but a customer phone number is not provided by ebay, will this cause some issue's?[/quote]

As far as I understand you mean phone field as an option when a customer makes an order. If it is so, it won't be a problem. eBay order will just appear in your CS-Cart admin panel without phone number information.

Any screenshots available of an exported ebay order?

[/quote]

I will attach screenshots of a test order to this post.

right now i am using a free shipping method for most my products and 1 USPS first class method for some products.

I have at this time all my ebay products in one hidden category in my cs-cart

for the USA on ebay i offer free shipping as the USPS Economy Shipping

optional USPS standard Shipping for a low fee and optional

Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]and the same as above for Canada at different rates[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I am trying to find these shipping methods on your list:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Economy Shipping >>> [/font][/color][color=#2C2B2B][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]USPS Economy Parcel ??[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]standard Shipping >>> [/font][/color]

Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail) >> USPS Priority

[/quote]

I've looked into eBay shippings and think as follows:

Economy Shipping >> Other

standard Shipping >> Shipping Method Standard

Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail) >> USPS Priority

You will choose a shipping rate at eBay. You just need to have the name of shipping method which you have choosen at ebay available in your CS-Cart.

If something is not clear, please ask, I will try to clarify better if necessary.

Best regards, Alt-team

screen_01.png

screen_03.png

Thanks for your answers.

export period:

are ebay sales that have been marked as shipped or where a tracking number has been added on ebay included in the export?

should not be included since these orders are finished, previous orders before installing the ad-don in specific.

Status of exported in cs-cart is completed, would need to be processed. completed orders are well completed, when ebay orders are exported, they are not completed yet.

When i receive an order in my cs-cart and the order has been paid for, the status is processed. I then get the order ready and change the status to complete, then when shipped I add a tracking number.

If new ebay orders are marked as completed, then this would cause a problem.

Phone field:

when a customer places an order on my cs-cart, they are required to enter a phone number( required field).

since ebay does not provide a phone number of the customer, can this be set to a default 000-000-0000 phone number during export or will the fact that this is a required field on cs-cart not be a problem?

shipping names:

ebay name is “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Economy Shipping” so i would have to create a “[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Economy Shipping” in cs-cart[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]standard Shipping” >>>>“[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]standard Shipping”[/font][/color]

“[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail)” >>> “[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail)”[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Please correct the above as needed: ebay name >>>> CS-Cart name[/font][/color]

Carbjetkits, thanks for your questions!

[quote name='carbjetkits' timestamp='1342095743' post='140560']

export period:

are ebay sales that have been marked as shipped or where a tracking number has been added on ebay included in the export?

should not be included since these orders are finished, previous orders before installing the ad-don in specific.

[/quote]

Yes, you are right, such finished orders souldn't be included and they won't be included.

Status of exported in cs-cart is completed, would need to be processed. completed orders are well completed, when ebay orders are exported, they are not completed yet.

When i receive an order in my cs-cart and the order has been paid for, the status is processed. I then get the order ready and change the status to complete, then when shipped I add a tracking number.

If new ebay orders are marked as completed, then this would cause a problem.[/quote]

Again you are right here. We promise to add a setting which will allow the administrator to choose what status to assign to eBay orders. It will be done in the next version (as soon as possible).

Phone field:

when a customer places an order on my cs-cart, they are required to enter a phone number( required field).

since ebay does not provide a phone number of the customer, can this be set to a default 000-000-0000 phone number during export or will the fact that this is a required field on cs-cart not be a problem?[/quote]

It's not a problen at all. Only if an eBay customer enters his phone number in his eBay account (it's not a mandatory field in eBay), this phone number will appear in an exported order. If phone number isn't specified by eBay customer, eBay order will appear in your CS-Cart without any phone information. The fact that a phone number is required in CS-Cart is not a problem.

[quote]

shipping names:

ebay name is “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Economy Shipping” so i would have to create a “[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Economy Shipping” in cs-cart[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]standard Shipping” >>>>“[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]standard Shipping”[/font][/color]

“[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail)” >>> “[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail)”[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Please correct the above as needed: ebay name >>> CS-Cart name[/font][/color]

[/quote]

eBay shipping name is the name which you should add into your CS-Cart. So, if you added a product to eBay and chose a shipping method USPS Priority, you should have the same shipping method name available in your CS-Cart.

ebay name USPS Priority >>> cs-cart name must be USPS Priority

As for “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Economy Shipping”, there is such a shipping method in eBay but if you choose it for a product, this product will be exported into your CS-Cart with a shipping called “Other”, so for the correct export you will have to create “Other” shipping[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] in cs-cart[/font][/color].

In our documentation CS-Cart eBay orders export add-on (Documentation tab) we've created a list of correct eBay names for shippings, you should follow this list while creating shipping methods in your Cs-cart.

Hope things are more clear now.

Best regard, Alt-team

That helped a lot!! Thanks.

too bad i can not use Hidden shipping methods in cs-cart.

My shipping methods and prices are completely different on ebay and I do not want the ebay shipping methods to show on my products on cs-cart

would it work if i created a new supplier named Ebay and assign all products I sell on ebay to this supplier when adding them to cs-cart?

I will wait until the option is available, complete/processed. Unless you can PM me after purchase, the file name and needed change where the change can be made manually

when exporting, are there any emails send to the customer?

doesn't matter, just need to know…

Hello carbjetkits!

Good news!

1. You can create ebay shipping names in Cs-Cart and set a disabled status for them, export will be working fine. It's just necessary to have a shipping method with a correct ebay name in a CS-Cart database.

2. We will make necessary changes regarding an order status today and tomorrow a new version of the addon will be announced here.

3. No emails are sent to a customer when or after exporting.

Best regards, Alt-team

Thanks , That is good news.

will be buying the new version as soon as it is available

would be nice if the ebay icon also shows on the invoice and package slip for exported sales.

Hello!

As promised new version of “eBay orders export” addon is available. Now an administrator can choose the exported order status for the product sold through eBay - processed or completed.

Carbjetkits, as for the eBay icon on the invoice and package slip, we will think over it, but don't promise to add this right now.

Best regards, Alt-team

Order placed.

Got it installed, but don't see the Ebay export button on the view orders page in admin

Hello carbjetkits!

As we see you use CS-Cart 2.2.4, so it is not a version problem (add-on is compatible with CS-Cart 2.2.4 and CS-Cart 3.0.1). Did you have any modifications which could delete the necessary hook orders:manage_tools?

Anyway, please contact us via our HelpDesk, we'll look into your site.

“eBay export” button should be located on Orders->View orders page, next to “Add order” button.

Best regards, Alt-team

okay, You got two tickets waiting at your helpdesk

Dear friends!

We would like to announce the new version of “eBay orders export” add-on. We've improved the usability.

New features include:

[list]

[]“eBay region” field in add-on settings is added. Administrator should choose a country which he uses as his location at eBay. It is necessary for generating a list of eBay shipping methods.

[/list][list]

[
]Administrator could select either Complete or Processed order status for eBay orders exported into CS-Cart. The new order status was added – Custom, the value for which is specified by a “Status letter” setting.

[/list][list]

[]In the admin area on product editing page in the Add-ons tab there is a new field “eBay title”. In this field it is necessary to specify the name of the product as named at eBay.

[/list][list]

[
]In the admin area on shipping method editing page, there is a select box “eBay shipping method”. Here it is necessary to choose a eBay shipping method . Availability of shipping methods in this selectbox depends on the “eBay region” which you have specified in the add-on settings.

[/list]

Logic is changed

[list]

[]Now it is not necessary to create the products with similar names in CS-Cart and eBay. You just need to type in the eBay product title on CS-Cart product editing page. In the exported order CS-Cart product name will be indicated.

[/list][list]

[
]Now it is not necessary to create eBay shipping methods in CS-Cart. You just need to choose the necessary eBay shipping method from the selectbox on a shipping method editing page. In the exported order CS-Cart shipping method will be indicated.

[/list]

More information about this add-on and documentation you can find here.

Best regards, Alt-team

This addon is a must have if you sell on Ebay and are integrating ebay sales in to cs-cart.

I used to manually type in all the ebay customer information to create an order on CS_Cart.

Now i simply click one button and the complete order is imported to CS-Cart.

The new version of this addon is a great improvement since it takes care of the shipping confusion.

There are some small improvements that could be added to complete this addon.

The Ebay logo in the order summoray in the cs-cart admin panel is fine, but adding the ebay logo to the invoices and package slip would be great.

Also. importing any notes left by the ebay customer on the notes field at ebay to the customer notes on the order would make it perfect

Hello carbjetkits!

Thank you for the positive review of “Ebay orders export” add-on. We really appreciate it.

The improvements you are suggesting can be a really good contribution to this add-on.

We will include ebay logo to the invoice and package slip and add the ability to import notes left by the ebay customer in the next version of this add-on that will be hopefully available in a month.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote]

The improvements you are suggesting can be a really good contribution to this add-on.

We will include ebay logo to the invoice and package slip and add the ability to import notes left by the ebay customer in the next version of this add-on that will be hopefully available in a month.

[/quote]

Any updates on this?