ADDON: CS-Cart "Multishop" add-on

the pre-sell price will be over when the addon officially release right?

do you plan to release this month or next month maybe?

I purchased this during pre-sell and I am very happy. Alt-Team is great to work with and they have taken my feedback and been really good with their response.

I am excited to finish the testing my dev sites and then working towards rolling this out.

Great work. I am glad that someone finally did this. A great need for the community.

Adam

Dear vidan,

Yes, the presale price will be over when the add-on officially is released.

After release the price for this add-on will be 200 USD.

Multishop can be used already if the settings are correct.

At the moment we are debugging the Multishop work between CS-Cart Pro, CS-CArt community, CS-Cart Multi-Vendor. As soon as we finish it, the add-on will be released.

But the Multishop work is considered quite stable with using only CS-Cart Pro.

Also we are planning to work out the upgrade center for Multishop, but most likely this will be in the next release version.

Dear Adam,

Thanks for positive feedback ).

Dear tbirnseth,

API solution is a good idea. May be if it is in-demand, we’ll add such a possibility in the future.

Regards, Alt-team.

How about SSL for each domain? Does this addon support installation on different server? No SSL support is a quite big limitation.

Dear Joe,

[quote name=‘joe’]How about SSL for each domain? Does this addon support installation on different server? No SSL support is a quite big limitation.[/QUOTE]

Add-on doesn’t support the installation of the stores on different servers.

The stores should be installed on one server and there should be one access to databases.

We possibly will create API of transferring datas between stores in the future.

Regards, Alt-team.

[quote name=‘Alt-team’]Dear Joe,

Add-on doesn’t support the installation of the stores on different servers.

The stores should be installed on one server and there should be one access to databases.

We possibly will create API of transferring datas between stores in the future.

Regards, Alt-team.[/QUOTE]

You could acheive this by using clustered SQL instances - admin peeps.

What is supported around one user logged in for all stores? Will they have to log into all 3 stores? Does it keep their payment methods?

Thanks

[quote]

You could acheive this by using clustered SQL instances

[/quote]

That would be really slow… Internet is not a good backbone for database transactions.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]That would be really slow… Internet is not a good backbone for database transactions.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with this from personal experience. On one of our MS SQL sites we tried to leave a database on one server that we were on and just move our site on recommendation of our then host. The site was in one city and database in another city. It didn’t make sense to me, but the host said it would be “better”. So we did it. Of course the site ran awful!

So to me it makes more sense to keep your sites for the multishop all on one server. Of course technology continues to change, so maybe there is a fast, efficient way to do it?

[quote name=‘clips’]I would have to agree with this from personal experience. On one of our MS SQL sites we tried to leave a database on one server that we were on and just move our site on recommendation of our then host. The site was in one city and database in another city. It didn’t make sense to me, but the host said it would be “better”. So we did it. Of course the site ran awful!

So to me it makes more sense to keep your sites for the multishop all on one server. Of course technology continues to change, so maybe there is a fast, efficient way to do it?[/QUOTE]

We do it all the the time with many servers. Either TCP direct or VPN. Saying that all our servers do sit in the same datacenter on the same switch.

Dear vtivti,

[quote name=‘vtivti’]You could acheive this by using clustered SQL instances - admin peeps.

What is supported around one user logged in for all stores? Will they have to log into all 3 stores? Does it keep their payment methods?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

tbirnseth has already answered you at the first question.

As to the payment methods, those payment methods will be supported which are in your stores editions. There is a “share payments” setting, which allows to share payments from the general store to the chosen sub-stores,

As to the users: there is a “share users” setting, which allows users to use the only account for all webstores, but they’ll have to log in every store.

Regards, Alt-team.

hello Alt,

when the pre-sale will be over?

any schedule?

thanks

Dear vidan,

Unfortunately, we can’t tell you any schedule terms.

We are still debugging Multishop system.

As soon as we achieve stable Multishop work between editions, we will release it.

For now its work is stable while using Pro edition.

Regards, Alt-team.

how to access admin area of the sellers?

accessed [url]http://books.demo.alt-team.com/admin.php[/url] with main admin credential and got the errors(image attached).

why books, computer, hardware categories not shown on main store? can we have the main store to contain all the categories/products from other stores? Do the sellers have option to list their category(if not already on main site)/products on main site?

What about if there is a seller who created the category “Gifts”(which doesn’t available on main site) and another seller join on main site? Can the new seller access the “Gifts” category in his/her admin section to ad sub category or products to it?

alt.jpg

any update on this?

Dear csca123,

Sorry for the late answer.

[quote]

how to access admin area of the sellers?

accessed [url]http://books.demo.alt-team.com/admin.php[/url] with main admin credential and got the errors(image attached).

[/quote]

This error is fixed.

[quote]

why books, computer, hardware categories not shown on main store?

[/quote]

Just check the “Shops” setting of “Add-ons” tab of these categories in the admin area. As far as you can see the “Apparels” check-box is not turned on.

If you wish to display any element in one of the stores you need to turn on appropriate settings.

[quote]

can we have the main store to contain all the categories/products from other stores?

[/quote]

Sure, you just need to turn on appropriate “Shops” setting on each category/product.

[quote]

Do the sellers have option to list their category(if not already on main site)/products on main site?

[/quote]

There is a setting in top side of the admin area (“All shops”). You can select necessary shop and look at items of defined shop.

[quote]

What about if there is a seller who created the category “Gifts”(which doesn’t available on main site) and another seller join on main site?

[/quote]

Well if administrator of the store “A” will create category “Cat1”, then this category will be available only for the store A, if administrator of general store will not change it in another way.

[quote]

Can the new seller access the “Gifts” category in his/her admin section to ad sub category or products to it?

[/quote]

We are developing this feature now. At this moment if administrator of the store A will create product/category, it will be created without shop ID setting.

Regards, Alt-team.

So was anyone actually able to install this mod? I have tried to install the latest release on 2 different sites but I have ran in to a hitch. The alt-team says that you have to use the same user name for access to the databases. For example, if you had site…

www.123test.com

…you would have to have a database user name that was somthing like…

multi_user

Then on your second domain or site at…

www.456test.com

…you again would have to have a user name called…

multi_user

The problem is when I set up 2 different domains on the same server they require me to have 2 different users names which would then change the name of the users for the databases.

So the user name for www.123test.com would have to be something like…

123test_user

…and the user name for www.456test.com would have to be something different like…

456test_user

…because the server will not allow me to have the same user name as they suggest.

So I am guessing that I am just misunderstanding something and that there is some other way to get the database username to be the “same” on each one of the domains.

So has anyone installed this mod and have it working?

Dear clips,

It’s necessary to contact your server provider support and ask them how to attach one user to two data bases.

Notice that Multishop works only if your sites are installed on one server and the user to stores’ databases is the one, not if just the login and password сoincides.

Also we’d like to remind that the current version is quite stable when working with PRO versions, you can already use Multishop system and configure your webstores.

There won’t be any drastic changes, besides upgrade of new versions will be very easy to make.

Regards, Alt-team.

So again, does anyone actually have this mod live on 2 sites that are at different domains but on the “same server”. We have the sites on the “same server” but because they are different domains WMH (cPanel) requires us to have different usernames or logins for each domain. This in turn would obviously make the database and the users of the database have a different “user name”.

The sad part is the example that the Alt-Team gives on their site is NOT a true example as all they did was change extensions of a domain name. For example…

[url]http://apparel.demo.alt-team.com/[/url]

[url]http://books.demo.alt-team.com/[/url]

Both of the above sites reside within the same domain name at alt-team.com. I am looking for someone who has succesfully installed it on…

domain1.com

domain2.com

domain3.com

…as was explained at the beginning of this thread.

I did hear back from alt-team and they pretty much stated what they said here. Except they also misunderstood what it meant when I asked if the mod was installed on different domains. Here was their reply…

[QUOTE]Please contact to support of your server and ask them whether you can use one db user for different databases. If not, then you need another server.

In our demo server all 4 stores have one db user for 4 databases and all stores installed to one server. [/QUOTE]

So again, has anyone really used this mod live yet on at least 2 different domains so I can figure out how they did it? The alt-team is only giving an example of what they have installed which is all at the same domain name.

i wonder about that too clips, why dont you try it and share it with us :slight_smile:

@vidan

That is the point. I have tried it and it did not work. I was NOT able to get the mod to work when I used 2 different domain names. So I am trying to see if someone else has gotten it to work. I see you were interested a couple of months ago. Did you buy the multishop mod? Did you install it using 2 different domain names? If so, how did you get it to work?

Could it be that if you are on a server that uses cPanel (and WMH) that you will not be able to use this mod?