ADDON: Auto Suggest for CS-Cart 2.0

I reinstalled the first version as the second version was automatically jumping to a refresh page but the page but was hanging their forever…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I reinstalled the first version as the second version was automatically jumping to a refresh page but the page but was hanging their forever…[/QUOTE]

I just replaced the .js and it seems to be working fine. I can enable Pages and Site News now too.

I have tried ie and FF as well as all the typical moves (cleared cached, reinstalled addon, disabled my_changes).

I have the electro skin and no mods outside of my_changes. Is there a step I might be missing here??

I have included a screenshot of my top-search div. Looks like the ul autosuggest is getting added by the script correctly…

Thanks,

Joe

AutoSuggest.jpg

[quote name=‘vidan’]how to remove a blank space in the first list of search?

there is a blank space right? how to get rid of it?[/QUOTE]

I have the same question/problem.

This mod works great for me, just one thing, when the suggested results appear, all the page moves down, leaving an empty space while the search results are there. Any way of changing this so that the search results box show’s in top of the other elements instead of pushing them downowards?

Thank’s

[quote name=‘ptp’]Hi everybody!

We have just released a tiny CS-Cart 2.0 add-on called “Auto Suggest” to improve your site search usability by adding a pulldown menu of suggested values to a search text field. Users may quickly open a suggested product by selecting it in the pulldown.

You can download it from our site, it’s absolutely free![/QUOTE]

It is very good but increases the width of the top box containing quick search template, shifts the enire page down along with the drop down list in IE 8. works fine in Firefox

Any solution.

Will this work for 1.3.5 I know I am lagging on upgrades but still love this version

[quote name=‘flasher’]Will this work for 1.3.5 I know I am lagging on upgrades but still love this version[/QUOTE]

It won’t work on 1.3.5 as it’s a 2.0 addon.

Can you create one for me and I can pay via paypal

Thanks for this, works great

We have released a new version of the “Auto Suggest” addon.

Now you can include product thumbnails into suggestions and enable keyboard navigation using Up and Down arrow keys.

Of course, it’s 2.0 - 2.1 compatible.

I know we are late to the show on some of the v2 mods, but we just added this mod to one of our sites in the past couple of weeks and we love it. I actually like it better than the mod that comes with cs which has some pretty strange “cache” issues.

Is this still working on 2.1.4 version ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]Is this still working on 2.1.4 version ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have the latest version installed on 2 different sites that have 2.1.4 on them and it works great.

[quote name=‘clips’]Yes. I have the latest version installed on 2 different sites that have 2.1.4 on them and it works great.[/QUOTE]

Is this only works on default cs-cart files or modifed files too because we have changed design and some files and it is not working. Any help ?

Both of our sites have modified skin/sites. I guess it may depend on what and how you modified.

nothing doesnt work with 2.1.3 multivendor

Does it work with CS-CART: version 2.2.5 PROFESSIONAL?

Also I'm looking for screenshots of this addon in action and haven't found any…

[quote name='bjm@catholicism.org' timestamp='1364657866' post='158999']

[/quote]

[quote name='bjm@catholicism.org' timestamp='1364657866' post='158999']

[/quote]

Yes it does work with 2.2.5. I had it installed on the V2 version of this store and have recently upgraded to 3.0.6, however, the autosuggest functionality is the same in both versions. Check out my implementation of the addon [link removed, coming soon].

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1364658560' post='159001']

Yes it does work with 2.2.5. I had it installed on the V2 version of this store and have recently upgraded to 3.0.6, however, the autosuggest functionality is the same in both versions. Check out my implementation of the addon here.

[/quote]

Hi Stellar,

Did you need to make any changes, wont load on mine, shows in the back end but doesnt work in the front. I am trying it to replace searchanise as the searchanise seems to hit my page speed more than I would like

Thanks

john

My bad, the above URL does currently have Searchanise enabled but will be replaced with Auto Suggest soon.

As default, there are a few things you would need to add to the addons product list template to get it to appear identically like Searchanise, such as the product price, which is easy enough to do.

I noticed an approximate 5% difference in page load times with Searchanise v Autosuggest on a store I have just upgraded to V3. Why share your data with a 3rd party if you don't have to and actually speed up your site by using Autosuggest instead?

If I remember correctly I had to integrate the autosuggest hook files into my_changes, they are both scripts.post.tpl and styles.post.tpl but they don't seem to be built when the template is generated. Not sure why as it was my understanding that XYZ.override.tpl would override all other instances of XYZ.tpl (including .post.tpl and .pre.tpl), yet XYZ.post.tpl and XYZ.pre.tpl would generate in accordance with the priorty as set in addon.xml. I don't have any problems with using multiple addons all of which use sametemplate.post.tpl or sametemplate.pre.tpl.

With the addon enabled, check your source code, if you don't see this in the source code, that is probably why it's not working in V3: