Addon: “Table Of Options” Add-On

Dear friends,

We've noted down all your recommendations and we plan to release a new add-on version approximately in a month.

The new add-on version will include the following features:[list]

[][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]If option combinations have product codes, on product details page below a product title customer will see the product code of the latest selected option combination.[/font][/color]

[
][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]D[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]efault “0” value in a table will disappear on mouse click.[/font][/color]

[][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Value field will be wider so that users could enter up to 4 numbers in there.[/font][/color]

[
][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It will be possible to create a table for one option.[/font][/color]

[*][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It will be possible to turn on the add-on for products in bulk via Global update.[/font][/color]

[/list]

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear Alt-team,

when have you planned the release of new add-on version?

Regards,

Simo

adding the ability to work with just one option will be a bonus for it to work with product designer also where say colour of product is already selected in the product side but then all sizes can be added to cart at once.

John

John

Dear friends!

We would like to let your know that the new version of Table of options add-on with the features described in the post #21 will be available in a week (approximately on December 10).

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello everyone!

The new version of Table of options add-on is ready!

It includes new features and several bug-fixes:[list]

[]Now it is also possible to create a table for one option;

[
]Default “0” value in a table disappears on a mouse click;

[]Value field is now wider so that users can enter up to 4 numbers in there;

[
]There was a problem with allowed combinations. Fixed.

[*]There was a problem with the correct display of a product code in the store-front, Fixed. Now product code of a product is displayed every time and it doesn't matter what option combination is chosen.

[/list]

Also we have promised to add a possibility to turn the add-on on/off in bulk for products. It is not implemented because there is a good default CS-Cart solution - create a global option with the necessary settings and apply it to necessary products.

With the release of the new version we have increased the add-on price. Now it costs $89.

We've sent a new download package to everybody who has already purchased the add-on. Please log in to your account at our website and download the new package from your order details page.

Learn more about this add-on and try new demo here.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team

I love this addon. My only suggestion is for you to have the ability to see the product image by clicking on the image tab like you can in the unmodified cart. It seems backwards to see the image only after you have added the quantity.

Hello moka!

Thank you for your suggestion, we will take it into consideration. But at the moment we can't promise to improve the functionality of the Table of options add-on, because with the release of CS-Cart 4 we are a bit busy with other tasks. Really hope for your understanding!

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear CS-Cart users!

We are glad to announce that Table of options add-on is now compatible with CS-Cart v.4.0.1.

The add-on description and demo as usually available on a product details page here.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Best regards, Alt-team

Alt-team,

Do you have a demo running on v4.x that we can review?

thanks,

Glen

Hello Glen,

Unfortunately, we don't have a demo site for CS-Cart 4 add-ons yet. But the add-on functionality and performance is the same as for CS-Cart 3. If you have any problems with the add-on after the purchase, don't hesitate to contact us, we will figure everything out.

A little notice! The add-on developer will be back from vacation in one week (8 October).

Best regards, Alt-team

Alt-team,

When I enter quantities in the first row, the price above is dynamically adjusted to display the new total. However, when I enter quantities in the second row, no price change occurs.

-Glen

Alt-team,

Please consider an addition to this addon so that Option Modifiers can be displayed.

-Glen

[quote name='2020' timestamp='1402169842' post='185293']

Alt-team,

When I enter quantities in the first row, the price above is dynamically adjusted to display the new total. However, when I enter quantities in the second row, no price change occurs.

-Glen

Alt-team,

Please consider an addition to this addon so that Option Modifiers can be displayed.

-Glen

[/quote]

This is true for the default CS-Cart behavior: Option price modifications don't 'add' together.

Adding price modifiers together is hard, but you would think that CS-Cart would have accomplished this task since v1 was released. It's been a deficiency since the beginning.

Don,

I'm not sure that I follow you. Alt-team's addon provides functionality that isn't present in the stock cart - so I don't know how that bug could pre-exist their work. The bug I describe is independent of option price modifiers.

-Glen

Option Price Modifier is a function of CS-Cart that allows the administrator to increase/decrease the price of a product when an option is selected. You reported that when you choose an option, the price updates, but when you choose another the price does not update. IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THEM BOTH, there is a deficiency of CS-Cart's option price modifier.

The deficiency in CS-Cart's option price modifier is that you cannot COMBINE two or more options with price modifiers: they don't add together.

For example:

Base price is $100

Option 1 (size) includes:

SMALL

MEDIUM

LARGE (+$5)

Option 2 (color) includes:

WHITE

SILVER (+$10)

GOLD (+$20)

You cannot combine the modified price for LARGE with the modified price for GOLD and get a combined total of +$25. CS-Cart just won't do it. Alt-team is good, but the amount of work necessary to SUM option price modifiers is pretty daunting - which is why CS-Cart hasn't done it.

You would have to create ONE group of options that looked like this:

SMALL WHITE

SMALL SILVER (+$10)

SMALL GOLD (+$20)

MEDIUM WHITE

MEDIUM SILVER (+$10)

MEDIUM GOLD (+$20)

LARGE WHITE (+$5)

LARGE SILVER (+$15)

LARGE GOLD (+$25)

Ugly, but it's the only way CS-Cart will do it.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, but I think the bug I'm seeing is different.

Try this:[list=1]

[]Go to Table of options CS-Cart add-on

[
]Enter “2” in the “Blue/S” input field.

[]See how the price is updated to $200.

[
]Clear the “2” from "Blue/S'.

[]Enter “2” in the “Red/S” input field.

[
]See how the price stays at $100.

[/list]

These options don't have price modifiers. The bug appears to be related to the input field IDs in rows 2 and up.

-Glen

[quote name='2020' timestamp='1402169842' post='185293']

Alt-team,

-Glen

Alt-team,

-Glen

[/quote]

What your seeing Glen is the “option modifiers” adjusting the price and not the quantity of shoes, the sale price on that page is priced per 100 gm. You will see in admin that the actual price is zero in the price field

The red shoes do not have modifiers associated with them so they stay the same when changed

Dear friends,

Thank you a lot for telling us about this problem. Yes, we have found this bug in IE browser. We are about to fix it.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Alt-team,

Just another feature request for this addon: could you add compatibility with Minimum Quantities? By default, CS-Cart applies the Minimum Quantity rule to each individual option of a product. So, a minimum quantity of 10 would be applied to each qty field in your table of options. The more desirable logic would allow the customer to meet that minimum with a sum of the quantities they enter.

thanks,

Glen

[quote name='2020' timestamp='1409696783' post='191328']

Just another feature request for this addon: could you add compatibility with Minimum Quantities? By default, CS-Cart applies the Minimum Quantity rule to each individual option of a product. So, a minimum quantity of 10 would be applied to each qty field in your table of options. The more desirable logic would allow the customer to meet that minimum with a sum of the quantities they enter.

[/quote]

Hi Glen, if you are on cs-cart v4, you can go to Settings->General and tick 'Disregard product options when calculating quantity discounts' under section Users/cart.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1409702425' post='191330']

Hi Glen, if you are on cs-cart v4, you can go to Settings->General and tick 'Disregard product options when calculating quantity discounts' under section Users/cart.

[/quote]

Thanks, but I guess what I'm asking for is a new setting called 'Disregard product options when calculating minimum order quantities'

-Glen