Adding Newsletter Option during Customer Signup

I want to add a Newsletter sign up option during Customer registration. My customers are not going to the Site News side box to sign up for Newsletters. When I’ve asked, most of them do not even see it over on the side. So, my idea is to make it easier for them. Is there someway to add this feature right into their profile during signup? I also have customers who think that when they registered they did sign up automatically for the Newsletters.

Any ideas on how to do this or can it be done?

I give them the option when filling out the profile.

See it on my site (just click register)

If you want to do it that way, go to Home—>Profile Fields (Under USERS)

Create a new field (under Add New Field) for Contact Information using radiogroup.

Describe them and…

Thats it

:wink:

OK, that part looks easy enough. Now, is there someway to use a link to get their info to another location such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp? I would prefer to use something other than the CS-Cart Newsletter option.

that part i can’t help you with

I am “old school”, i just enter the email on the back end manually

(there aren’t that many Playboy Collectors out there. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I appreciate you help.

In the registration form, If I were to add a note saying that by registering the customer is accepting to be automatically included in our newsletter and that he will be able to modify this later on in case he doesn’t want to receive any promotions or news, etc,etc, which file must I modify?

Hi

After adding an extra field as Mike said, can anyone suggest a way to automatically add the to the “News letter subscribers” rather than having to manually transfer the information.

Thanks in advance

BarryH

Why not just send all registered customers the newsletters than worry about fooling around with the subscribers?

Legal issues aside it’s far easier to do what your attempting to accomplish doing it that way (unless I’m mis-interpreting)

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Why not just send all registered customers the newsletters than worry about fooling around with the subscribers?

Legal issues aside it’s far easier to do what your attempting to accomplish doing it that way (unless I’m mis-interpreting)[/QUOTE]

That’s what I do. I have one type of membership and put all new users into that membership category when they purchase or create an account. I then send my newsletter to all members in that membership category and all newsletter subscribers. If anyone requests to be “taken off the mailing list”, I just take them out of that membership category so they are classed as “not a member” but still keep their account for future purchases.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Why not just send all registered customers the newsletters than worry about fooling around with the subscribers?

Legal issues aside it’s far easier to do what your attempting to accomplish doing it that way (unless I’m mis-interpreting)[/QUOTE]

Hi Jessee

Majority of our customers don’t register and don’t subscribe to newsletter. Buy and go type orders. We do get some repeat visits but want to increase this by following up with a newsletter.

Have added a radio button on the checkout, defaulting to yes to newsletter, what we would like is the e-mail address given, upon completion of order, adding into newsletter subscribers.

Appreciate this can be done manually but it is difficult to keep track of.

Barry

Sorry for re-opening this topic, but has anyone figured out how to do this?

In Holland it’s illegal to just start sending mail to people who registered at your shop. So I have the question build into the registration form (would you like to receive… yes / no) and would like to couple it to my database so I can see and export the users who said yes in one go.

Thanks!

Doesn’t the news_and_emails addon do this for you already? I thought it added the checkbox to the the profiles and gave them a selection of which mailing lists they want to be included on…

If you want to add them to some external list, then add a profiles.post.php controller in your addons/my_changes/controllers/customer direcory and have it look something like:

if( $mode == 'update' && $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST' && !empty($_REQUEST['user_data']['email'] ) {
$e_addr = $_REQUEST['user_data']['email'];
/* do whatever api call you need to do to your remote list manager */
}
return array(CONTROLLER_STATUS_OK);

Note that I’m currently looking for an additional beta tester for the MailChimp addon I’m doing. See this thread for info: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=103430[/url]

Hey, thanks for this! I had the addon running but didn’t know I had to set up a mailing list as well.

I’m pretty new to CS-cart so I keep discovering more and more!!

:slight_smile:

[quote name=‘MikeFold’ timestamp=‘1202334019’ post=‘28084’]

I give them the option when filling out the profile.

See it on my site (just click register)

If you want to do it that way, go to Home—>Profile Fields (Under USERS)

Create a new field (under Add New Field) for Contact Information using radiogroup.

Describe them and…

Thats it

;)

[/quote]

Hi,

I did that and please see if I have done it right? Onlineam.com is for sale | HugeDomains