Adding Meta Tags

I want to add a meta tag in the head of my HTML… where can I do this? In the site layout page the code starts with

There is no tag...

Cheers,
Alan

You could add it in /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/meta.tpl. There is even a hook available so that a future upgrade overwriting your change.

Bob

I will give it a go… My site has fallen off the radar in google search since upgrading and has effected my hits and business dramtically…anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it… with google??

Running 2.0.14

Cheers,

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You could add it in /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/meta.tpl. There is even a hook available so that a future upgrade overwriting your change.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob,

This didn’t work… I have read there is a way to upload a HTML page with info on it…any ideas? I am trying to test site at google webmaster but can’t get meta tag info for engine to verify my site…

Alan

Have you changed your verification method? [url]Verify your site ownership - Search Console Help

You should be able to just follow the instructions to upload your verification file and then verify your site in GWT.

Bob

Have you made any changes to robots.txt or .htaccess recently?

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Have you made any changes to robots.txt or .htaccess recently?

Bob[/QUOTE]

No Bob,

Haven’t touched anything except upgrading and changing product prices…

Alan

Do you have a Google account and have you submitted a sitemap? This is the most effective way that I know of to get Google to recognize you.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You could add it in /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/meta.tpl. There is even a hook available so that a future upgrade overwriting your change.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I am also having a problem with meta tag. I would like to add a meta tag, and when I add my meta tag in meta.tpl and upload the file, my meta tag does not appear. Any idea why?

Thanks,

Zak

Did you clear your templates cache after adding your meta tag? In your browser, go to [url]http://YOURDOMAIN/admin.php?cc[/url]. If you have changed the name of admin,php, substitute that filename.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Did you clear your templates cache after adding your meta tag? In your browser, go to [url]http://YOURDOMAIN/admin.php?cc[/url]. If you have changed the name of admin,php, substitute that filename.

Bob[/QUOTE]

It worked Bob! I can’t thank you enough!!!