Adding flat % to shipping cost

I am using real time shipping, but I want to add an additional 10% on to the shipping cost. It seems everything in “Shipping charges” multiplies by the actually product total cost and not shipping.

For example lets say USPS give me back $5.20 as shipping cost. I want to add 10% on to only the shipping cost. So customer will be charged $5.72. Is this possible?

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]For example lets say USPS give me back $5.20 as shipping cost. I want to add 10% on to only the shipping cost. So customer will be charged $5.72. Is this possible?[/font][/color][/quote]

Sure, begin by editing your realtime shipping method, select the “Shipping Charges” Tab, edit any of the 3 dependency choices offered with the following values:

More than 0 _ Rate Value 10 _ Type Absolute (%) _

This will increase the realtime rate displayed to your customers by 10% over your actual negotiated contract rate from your carrier.

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1362522002' post='157076']

Sure, begin by editing your realtime shipping method, select the “Shipping Charges” Tab, edit any of the 3 dependency choices offered with the following values:

More than 0 _ Rate Value 10 _ Type Absolute (%) _

This will increase the realtime rate displayed to your customers by 10% over your actual negotiated contract rate from your carrier.

[/quote]

That's what I thought, but it seems when I do that it takes the value of the products, so, for example, if the order is $300 worth of products it adds $30 on to shipping, which is not what I want. I just want it to multiply it by the shipping value.

Try using the “Weight Dependencies” and apply the same values as I stated above. As long as you have added the weight values to your products this should add 10% on top of whatever realtime shipping rate is being returned to your cart.