Adding Dev Sub Site For Testing.

I am tring to setup a dev test site in dev.domain.com. I can not run the installer at this point as I get a service unavailable error, can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

If you mean Cs-Cart service unavailable error, check page source code. Error message should be displayed there

please change storefront url in table companies of your dev store dabtabase .

Whaere do I do this as I am yet to run the installer.

The installer will not run as I get Service Unavailable

Read this : http://kb.cs-cart.com/move-to-another-directory

"store URLs correct in the database, go into phpmyadmin and check they are correct "

you can manually done with in var/restre/backup_*.sql.

check reference here :

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/36797-forgot-to-change-storefront-url/

I have a main site in the root directory. I am tring to place dev install in a sub domain with a seperate dbase. I have wget the install and unziped and followed the change mode instructions as i have done many times before. I now have a blank install that has not run the installer. I am unable to corrct the dbase in the new store as the installer is yet to run!! I am not wanting to copy the current main store dbase to the dev one so a direct edit of a restored is not an option.

I have a main site in the root directory. I am tring to place dev install in a sub domain with a seperate dbase. I have wget the install and unziped and followed the change mode instructions as i have done many times before. I now have a blank install that has not run the installer. I am unable to corrct the dbase in the new store as the installer is yet to run!! I am not wanting to copy the current main store dbase to the dev one so a direct edit of a restored is not an option.

It looks like you did not changed the database credentials in config.local.php file and your dev store use the database of your live store. Please check this file.

Also, as far as I understand you want to use clean database on your dev website. In order to achieve it, please make the clean installation on separate folder and after that, write its database credentials to the config.local.php file of your dev store.