Adding Custom Content?

Are these two things possible to do?

1. Am I able to build a landing page (with a different look and feel) than the rest of the site?
2. One of the features on our website is a Google Map that displays stores based on your geolocation. Is this possible to do in this application? Am I able to modify the files myself to build this in, or is it more complicated than just editing a php file? Can I query against the vendor info in the database and build my own controls?
If I want to add custom things to my page, or access the database, can I do this? I want more control than just using the Admin UI.
Trying to figure out if I should buy this or not.
Thanks,
Ryan

1. Am I able to build a landing page (with a different look and feel) than the rest of the site?

Using built-in block manager, you can create separate layout for CMS page, for example. You can set up unique header, footer and set of blocks for this layout page.

2. One of the features on our website is a Google Map that displays stores based on your geolocation. Is this possible to do in this application? Am I able to modify the files myself to build this in, or is it more complicated than just editing a php file? Can I query against the vendor info in the database and build my own controls?

If I want to add custom things to my page, or access the database, can I do this? I want more control than just using the Admin UI.

There is the Store locator module out-of-the-box, but unfortunately it does not have geolocation feature

http://prntscr.com/a1ryt5