adding checkbox to product to change price

Hi Guys

Anyone out there that could write this piece of code for me.

If you take a look at this product, you will see I have added a check box that when ticked gives the product a 100% discount.

http://shopability.ie/fred-storey/multi-sensory/switches-and-switch-adapted-toys/switches/easy-single-channel-switch-receiver.html

The price is also changed to a custom message but this is done separately, when the price is set to 0.00

I have done the check box with product options but was hoping that it could be done directly into a product layout.

This is because product options in CS Cart are hopeless as they have to be added individually as the modifiers can not be imported.

So what I want done is a product layout created with a check box with a short message beside it that will give the product price a 100% discount.

Alan

Have you tried cs-cart global option?

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1387485254' post='173787']

Have you tried cs-cart global option?

[/quote]

Yes, but global options still have to be added to each individual product one at a time, on export you still end up with the same output in the CSV file, My issue is that I can import the options no problem but I can not import the -100% modifier. we currently have 5000 plus products at the moment and about to import as least another 20000

That's just a hell of a lot of man hours. 1 minute per product = 17 24 hour days just to do the 25000 products

Alan

[quote name='Takestock' timestamp='1387563904' post='173847']

Yes, but global options still have to be added to each individual product one at a time, on export you still end up with the same output in the CSV file, My issue is that I can import the options no problem but I can not import the -100% modifier. we currently have 5000 plus products at the moment and about to import as least another 20000

That's just a hell of a lot of man hours. 1 minute per product = 17 24 hour days just to do the 25000 products

Alan

[/quote]

Not quite,

products>global options>apply to products>add products, then using the amount of product dropdown and right click 100 to copy the link, should look something like

http://www. yoursite .com/admon.php?type=simple&dispatch=products.picker&data_id=added_products_226004855&skip_result_ids_check=true&match=any&cid=729&category_name=PPE+&company_id=&hint_=Search…&free_shipping=&status=&order_ids=&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc&dispatch%5Bproducts.picker%5D=Search&items_per_page=100

change 100 to say 500 and do them at 500 per time.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1387571764' post='173855']

Not quite,

products>global options>apply to products>add products, then using the amount of product dropdown and right click 100 to copy the link, should look something like

http://www. yoursite .com/admon.php?type=simple&dispatch=products.picker&data_id=added_products_226004855&skip_result_ids_check=true&match=any&cid=729&category_name=PPE+&company_id=&hint_=Search…&free_shipping=&status=&order_ids=&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc&dispatch%5Bproducts.picker%5D=Search&items_per_page=100

change 100 to say 500 and do them at 500 per time.

John

[/quote]

Thank you John

I can not believe how simple it was to do this,

While CS Cart support just pushed me to there custom support company. who quoted more than the annual license cost to do a modification.

While in 4.0.3 the path is just a little bit different products>options> instead of products>global options> it worked a treat.

If I apply this as a link I will be able to modify as I wish.

I can not thank you enough for your help.

Alan

[quote name='Takestock' timestamp='1387631520' post='173883']If I apply this as a link I will be able to modify as I wish.

I can not thank you enough for your help.

Alan

[/quote]

Yeah, but the apply as a link works a bit dodgy. I used to think you could apply to say 100 products as a link then change 1 poduct if needed but doesnt work that way. I prefer to apply and then sometimes export and bring back in with the curly brackets so CS creates new options.

http://forum.cs-cart…global-options/

Hi John

Thanks for that I will keep it in mind, but in this case the way I am using the option to reduce the price to Zero to allow an inquiry to be about the product to be passed to the cart I will be applying a single variant to all products in the store.

but I am sure your info will come in handy when doing other options.

Alan

Once again thank you