Adding A Link To A Template In Backend

Hello,

I created a template (print_manifest.tpl) in (design/backend/mail/templates/orders).

i entered the content inside the tpl file also i added language variable and values in language>translations. I wanted the template to be displayed in order details page below print packing slip. I added the code:

• {btn type=“list” text=__(“print_manifest”) href=“orders.print_manifest?order_id=$order_info.order_id” class=“cm-new-window”}

• in design/backend/templates/views/orders/details.tpl and it correctly displayed. but when i click on the link i get a 404 page not found error. where as i wanted a print of the content.

please let me know where i m wrong or any other coding required

have a look at the images

Print Manifest.png

error.png

Additional code modifications are required in the orders.php file. Check how the invoice or packing slip is printed

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1418657408' post='199820']

Additional code modifications are required in the orders.php file. Check how the invoice or packing slip is printed

[/quote]

Thank you very much… i did the changes and it worked…i recommend ecom labs…best in class service and support

Alternatively you could just create a my_changes/controllers/backend/orders.post.php file and add a 'mode' for “print_manifest”. No need to modify a standard controller that will be overwritten in a future upgrade.

[quote name='pratik1992' timestamp='1418659410' post='199826']

Thank you very much… i did the changes and it worked…i recommend ecom labs…best in class service and support

[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1418688072' post='199870']

Alternatively you could just create a my_changes/controllers/backend/orders.post.php file and add a 'mode' for “print_manifest”. No need to modify a standard controller that will be overwritten in a future upgrade.

[/quote]

Right. There is a chance to lost changes during next upgrade. Anyway these files will be backed up and you can resolve conflicts after upgrade manually

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1418688072' post='199870']

[/quote]

Thanks for the help…

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1418721625' post='199909']

Thanks.

Right. There is a chance to lost changes during next upgrade. Anyway these files will be backed up and you can resolve conflicts after upgrade manually

[/quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks for the help…[/font][/color]