Adding a custom link depending on the user

Im trying to see where i could add a custom link depending on the user. I want this link to link to a specific reorder list. Each user would have a different link. I was hoping i could set this up in the back end of the site. I wanted to be able to put this link as a button on the navigation bar. Like i said i was hoping to make each link different depending to the user. Thank you so much for all the help!

[quote name=‘Javiergil’ timestamp=‘1345137567’ post=‘143003’]

Im trying to see where i could add a custom link depending on the user. I want this link to link to a specific reorder list. Each user would have a different link. I was hoping i could set this up in the back end of the site. I wanted to be able to put this link as a button on the navigation bar. Like i said i was hoping to make each link different depending to the user. Thank you so much for all the help!

[/quote] Could someone help me please?! :D

Have no idea of your technical abilities… But a description of what you would do is:

Use the 'fill_auth' hook to catch when a user logs in. In this hook, go gather whatever info you need about the link and put the data in the user's SESSION and/or the link URL in the user's SESSION.

Then modify whatever template you want the button to appear in to use the SESSION info as the htref and you're all set.

That really helps, basically this is what im trying to accomplish. I need to place a link on the homepage, that pulls the information of where the arrow in the photo is pointing at. Please dont make fun of me, im really trying really hard to get familiar with php, i can figure some stuff out, but when it comes to actually coding i have a really tough time. This is what i got: Test Link

Test Link Neither one of those work, im sure because its horribly coded. Please please help. Its the last thing i need to do in order to launch my clients website live.

Thank you so much!

You'd use:

{$user_data.fields.46}

not $46 in your example. But this is just going to give you:

href=“fdgef” (sorry my eyes aren't good enough to read your graphic). but I doubt that is what you really want. You might want:

{$user_data.fields.46}.html

which would give you:

htref=“fdgef.html” as your href value.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1345504525’ post=‘143276’]

You’d use:

{$user_data.fields.46}

not $46 in your example. But this is just going to give you:

href=“fdgef” (sorry my eyes aren’t good enough to read your graphic). but I doubt that is what you really want. You might want:

{$user_data.fields.46}.html

which would give you:

htref=“fdgef.html” as your href value.

[/quote]

Thank you so much! this worked like a charm! :mrgreen: