Add Unique HTML Block

I'm using the latest 3.x version. In previous versions I was able to add a unique HTML block where the content could change product by product. For example, I used to have a “Videos” block where I could add unique HTML content for each product that had a video. I don't see this block option in 3.x. Has it been removed or am I missing something?

In Design > Blocks, when adding a block to grid, there should be a pop-up when you click “Add block”, you'll find the HTML Block type on the “Create New Block” tab of the pop-up.

You can then assign that block to the Product location, then override the content at product level (ie. edit product > blocks) for each product.

I thought doing this would change that html content for every other instance of that block.

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1371036916' post='163469']

I thought doing this would change that html content for every other instance of that block.

[/quote]

Not if you override the content at product level. When doing so, a new record is written to the database.

Can you turn the block on and off at the product level (without affecting the other instances)? And unfortunately I can't do this at the product tabs level (which I could do in v. 2).

Yep, you can disable blocks for each individual product, which has no effect on the other products and/or blocks.

Product tabs are a little more tricky. You can assign a product tab to one or more products, so in essence, you could create one unique product tab per product - or if appropriate, one product tab for a particular group of products, but this could become quite tiresome.