Add to cart button mystery (please help)

Hi Guys

Been changing a few things in the default skin in cs cart pro 3.0.4 trial version to test before purchase. Everything looks great and works well but I have one problem that I have been trying to fathom out for the last day, but I can’t find the problem or the solution.

I have a strange looking add to cart button also with the wrong colour, I have searched everywhere for an idea of where to fix or even edit the add to cart button colour, size or position.

Can someone help me please

Check out the pic

add-to-cart.png

Possible z index issue, can't tell u how to fix though. Post as link here and no doubt someone will be able to

John

Can't say how to fix it without looking at the site, however, Firebug and Design Mode is your friend if used wisely.

is it possible that something is wrong with your button_sprite.png and/or the styles.css?

~B.

[quote name='BluBT' timestamp='1358272266' post='152876']

is it possible that something is wrong with your button_sprite.png and/or the styles.css?

~B.

[/quote]

Hi Guys

Thank you all for your help and thank you BluBT your suggestion fixed the problem, it was the sprite that I needed to change.

I now have an even worse problem concerning the dropdowns in add-ons and the block options links.

They do not work online but work fine with wamp on my pc, is this a server error or is there a fix for cs cart for this, seems strange that it works on my pc and not on line server.

Can someone help me please

Check out the pic

Mystery

ajax-error.png

ajax-error2.png

I have descuvered that if I change the skin back to the basic skin the buttons work fine, so it must be my skin that is causing the problem, but where do I look to fix this.

Any clues please please

First of all, try to clear your cache (append your admin URL with ?cc, like so: yourdomain.com)

If that doesn't work, it looks like the Ajax code or Javascript files are missing in your templates. Still, you could overwrite /yourskin/admin/ with /basic/admin/ unless you have modified the appearance of the admin skin. If you have a custom front-end (ie. the pages customer views), then it is still safe to copy the admin skins, but not the /yourskin/customer/ files/folders.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1358432891' post='153029']

First of all, try to clear your cache (append your admin URL with ?cc, like so: yourdomain.com)

If that doesn't work, it looks like the Ajax code or Javascript files are missing in your templates. Still, you could overwrite /yourskin/admin/ with /basic/admin/ unless you have modified the appearance of the admin skin. If you have a custom front-end (ie. the pages customer views), then it is still safe to copy the admin skins, but not the /yourskin/customer/ files/folders.

[/quote]

Hi StellarByte swapping the admin folder from the basic skin, skins and basic skin var repository fixed my problem.

I thank you.

May be not in the right forum, but since you have got me through this difficult situation and seem to me to be very knowledgeable with CS-CART can I please ask for your thoughts on this.

If I have 3000 products that I want to add to CS-CART I can quickly put them into a CSV file, This would include the normal fields, but I have 500 products that require extra products to work properly. So I would have to add these products to the required products plugin, to do this manually would take too long to do, is there a solution for this? Can it be added to a CSV field?

Please help again I am almost there.

Thanks

Are you looking to use the 'Buy Together' addon or 'Product Configurator'? Both do different jobs and would provide different functionality.

Have a look at Administration>Export>Products>Product Combinations Tab.

You can also import Product Combinations, presuming all you require is the need to sell Product A with Product B without further adaptions to the products.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1358465712' post='153073']

Are you looking to use the 'Buy Together' addon or 'Product Configurator'? Both do different jobs and would provide different functionality.

Have a look at Administration>Export>Products>Product Combinations Tab.

You can also import Product Combinations, presuming all you require is the need to sell Product A with Product B without further adaptions to the products.

[/quote]

[size=“3”][color=“#000000”][font=“Times New Roman”]Hi StellarBytes thanks for the reply.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=“3”][color=“#000000”][font=“Times New Roman”]Ok I am selling products of which a lot of them require batteries, different types and sizes for different products, I have a separate category for the batteries, I have the features, options and option combinations set up, there are products with options and combinations that require batteries and also single products without options that require batteries, so I need to give the customer the option to purchase batteries along with the product.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=“3”][color=“#000000”][font=“Times New Roman”]What is the quickest way to add this, required products, Buy Together or Product Configurator and how can I do it in bulk as there are a lot.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=“3”][color=“#000000”][font=“Times New Roman”]Thanks again[/font][/color][/size]

If you are going to provide discounts (ie. buy Product A for £10, get Battery A or B for £1.50, otherwise Battery A is £2 on its own), then use Buy Together.

Otherwise Product Configurator, which is designed to create product options based on other products. Install the Product Configurator addon. Follow the KB articles on how to set up Product Configurator.

Once you have set a couple up, export the Product Combinations, and using that export file as a template, you can then import your own configurations.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1358513727' post='153099']

If you are going to provide discounts (ie. buy Product A for £10, get Battery A or B for £1.50, otherwise Battery A is £2 on its own), then use Buy Together.

Otherwise Product Configurator, which is designed to create product options based on other products. Install the Product Configurator addon. Follow the KB articles on how to set up Product Configurator.

Once you have set a couple up, export the Product Combinations, and using that export file as a template, you can then import your own configurations.

[/quote]

I have set up a product using the Product Configurator, everyting looks and works fine except when I export products and export combinations there is no Configurator detais anywhere, so it seems that this can not be exported or imported.

There must be a way to import this feature as if I have to do it manually it would take me months.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I can only assume the 'Product Combinations' export only exports the data from 'Required products', which isn't any use to you since your batteries are an optional purchase.

I haven't looked into doing this before, but it should be possible to export the relevent database tables for configurable products via CSV, add your changes to every table, quite a bit of manipulation required, and re-import. Obviously making backups before and after so you have something to fall back on would be adviseable.

I just enabled the addon on a clean install, it increased database tables from 190 to 200, so this won't be much fun to do, but is better than manually inputting all that data.

The tables you need all begin with: cscart_conf_

Good luck!