Add-Ons By Simtech Development: Order Improvements

Thank you so much for your help in improving our add-on. We really appreciate it!

If you have the latest version, you may have noticed that now there is an opportunity to send attachments via E-mail. We have added the setting for this to the status editing page.

This is a great addition for providing quotes and artwork proof mock ups to customers too.

I have opened a ticket about a small porblem you solved for me and am wondering if I am ok to install the latest version or will the problem re appear.

ticket

Oct 12, 2016, 18:41 ID: #255592

This is a great addition for providing quotes and artwork proof mock ups to customers too.

I have opened a ticket about a small porblem you solved for me and am wondering if I am ok to install the latest version or will the problem re appear.

ticket

Oct 12, 2016, 18:41 ID: #255592

You can install the latest version, there will be no problem.

This addon has been a great tool, along with the clone order feature from cart power

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/order-clone-en.html?sl=en

it enables us to clone a customers order from months ago, then send an invitation to buy with artwork proof etc from previous orders. all in 1 simple email. Our customers love the ease.

both addons recommended together

John

This addon has been a great tool, along with the clone order feature from cart power

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/order-clone-en.html?sl=en

it enables us to clone a customers order from months ago, then send an invitation to buy with artwork proof etc from previous orders. all in 1 simple email. Our customers love the ease.

both addons recommended together

John

Hello, John!

Thank you for your idea. We will think about adding this feature to our add-on.

New bug! When using the order improvements add-on customers are no longer able to initiate communication with vendors. The button (communicate with vendor) on the order details page in customers account is no longer visible.

New bug! When using the order improvements add-on customers are no longer able to initiate communication with vendors. The button (communicate with vendor) on the order details page in customers account is no longer visible.

Please could you make a screenshot of the button?

We have checked the issue, and it is not reproduced in the current version of the add-on. If you face this issue with communication button, just update the add-on.

is the latest 4.3.5.6

John

A nice addition would be if the add-on could also add the order or invoice as PDF.

is the latest 4.3.5.6

John

Yes, the latest version is 4.3.5.6.

A nice addition would be if the add-on could also add the order or invoice as PDF.

You can attach PDF files to the order. It is already implemented.

Hi Flow, you can export as pdf then attachments tab is here

http://prntscr.com/cy6r2v

Yes but that's an extra step for order processing. Or am I missing the point... ?

I think it would be best if there is a simple checkmark somewhere, which when set always includes an invoice as PDF.

Yes but that's an extra step for order processing. Or am I missing the point... ?

I think it would be best if there is a simple checkmark somewhere, which when set always includes an invoice as PDF.

Now I see. This is an interesting idea, we have included it in our to-do list. Thank you!

You're welcome... I'll definitely buy it if you are adding this option.

Oh and one other idea: in some countries it's mandatory to add a PDF containing the terms & conditions of the store.

Therefore it would be nice if this add-on could simply always add the same document to every order. So I would add the following checkmarks:

1. Always add Order Memo PDF to E-mail
  2. Always add Invoice PDF to E-mail
  3. Always add credit note PDF to E-mail
  4. Always add the following files to E-mail (here we should be able to choose 1 or more files from the server, like a PDF containing the terms & conditions)

Thanks!

Now I see. This is an interesting idea, we have included it in our to-do list. Thank you!

It gets better !

Flow, on 29 Oct 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Oh and one other idea: it some countries it's mandatory to add a PDF containing the terms & conditions of the store.

Therefore it would be nice if this add-on could simply always add the same document to every order. So I would add the following checkmarks:

Always add Order Memo PDF to E-mail
Always add Invoice PDF to E-mail
Always add credit note PDF to E-mail
Always add the following files to E-mail (here we should be able to choose 1 or more files from the server, like a PDF containing the terms & conditions)
Thanks!

Yes, ATM we add the link in the order status, "all our orders are subject to acceptance of or T&Cs here" and link it to the site

Oh and one other idea: it some countries it's mandatory to add a PDF containing the terms & conditions of the store.

1. Always add Order Memo PDF to E-mail
  2. Always add Invoice PDF to E-mail
  3. Always add credit note PDF to E-mail
  4. Always add the following files to E-mail (here we should be able to choose 1 or more files from the server, like a PDF containing the terms & conditions)

Thanks!

We have discussed your ideas and decided to create a checkbox that allows to automatically attach invoice in PDF to the e-mail. Also we will add the possibility to upload files that will be attached to the e-mail automatically.

Thank you!

Great...I bought the add-on (and 6 more, while I was at it).

I hope you will enjoy our add-ons! If you have any questions, I am ready to answer them.

I hate that there is no setting to have or not to have images on invoices. I like attachments for orders but pictures for invoices are really not required... In fact there could be a setting to increase size for admin order details page pictures, or even popup or some hover image.