Add Customer Email To Invoice.tpl

I'm trying to add the customer's email address to the invoice we print out (backend invoice.tpl). I've tried a couple different ways of doing it, but it never works. I inserted this line after the customer's phone number in the Billing Address section:

{if $profields_b.email}

{$user_data.email}

{/if}

I also tried:

{if $profields_c.email}

{$order_info.email}

{/if}

Neither of these have any affect on the invoice, and yes, I did clear the cache. I can delete other fields, but I can't seem to add the email address.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Roger

I figured out a less than ideal solution- I added “Email” as a required profile field under “Contact Information.” The problem with is approach is the customer has to manually enter their email address during the checkout process, even if they are already logged in with their email address.

{$order_info.email}

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1402009296’ post=‘185195’]

{$order_info.email}

[/quote]

In addition to the email address not showing up, it looks like CS-cart accidentally used an input field for Phone, instead of a verified phone field which is available, it is called 'phone' in the drop down, if you don't change this you will receive many things in your contact form besides their phone number. Which means I can't call to verify funky shipping instructions.

Is there a bug report yet for the email address bug?

I have experienced this same thing, even as late as version 4.2.4. I have had to change the phone number field in the database to be recognized as a phone type, and manually replace the email in the invoice. By default it shows the store's email address but not the customer's. This means the admin has to log into cs-cart and look up the order to find out who to email. Less than ideal.

Hopefully it's fixed in 4.3.1?

Update for anyone with the same issue. /design/themes/THEME/mail/templates/orders/invoice.tpl, line 131. Replace “$profields_c.email” in the if statement with “$order_info.email”.

HI there,

I’m having a problem deleting the company information on the invoice. I’ve tried editing it via admin panel: Design-File editor-Mail-Templates-Order-Invoice.tpl. Erased the part I needed then sent out a test one… Still there. I’ve also gone to /design/themes/THEME/mail/templates/orders/invoice.tpl but it won’t let me edit the files.

Does anyone know how I can erase the Company information on the invoice? Or change it so it only shows my company information and not the vendors?

hi,

[quote]Does anyone know how I can erase the Company information on the invoice? Or change it so it only shows my company information and not the vendors?[/quote]

please check your personal messanger.

best regards,

WSA team

[quote name=‘christinarosej’ timestamp=‘1433140214’ post=‘216642’]

HI there,

I’m having a problem deleting the company information on the invoice. I’ve tried editing it via admin panel: Design-File editor-Mail-Templates-Order-Invoice.tpl. Erased the part I needed then sent out a test one… Still there. I’ve also gone to /design/themes/THEME/mail/templates/orders/invoice.tpl but it won’t let me edit the files.

Does anyone know how I can erase the Company information on the invoice? Or change it so it only shows my company information and not the vendors?

[/quote]

The correct file paths are:

• design/themes/YOUR_THEME/mail/templates/orders/invoice.tpl
  • design/backend/mail/templates/orders/invoice.tpl

We suggest you to use FTP connection to change the files. And do not forget to clear cache after the files are changed.

how to add vendor terms in invoice in MV version 4.3.9??

how to add vendor terms in invoice in MV version 4.3.9??

I am afraid, there is no easy way to do it without additional code modifications

Did you want it as an attachment (like a PDF) or did you want it embedded in the email?

If an attachment, you can use the 'send_mail' php hook and add the attachment to the email (with appropriate logic to ensure it's an invoice, etc.).

If you want it embedded then you would have to either override the system invoice template and extend it. Or extend the standard one. If you're using the new email editor, I can't advise you how to do it there. But I'd assume you'd create a document that contained your T&C's and then include that document in an invoice block.