Add coupon or gift certificate during checkout

I have version 2.07. In this version it seems that the only way to add a coupon or gift certificate code is by viewing your shopping cart.

I would like to have the customer be able to add these codes during checkout. Is this possible?

[quote name=‘mikevangels’]I have version 2.07. In this version it seems that the only way to add a coupon or gift certificate code is by viewing your shopping cart.

I would like to have the customer be able to add these codes during checkout. Is this possible?[/QUOTE]

I just checked mine and during checkout you have the option for

Discount coupon code:

Gift certificate code:

checkout.jpg

Thanks for the reply. According to CS cart this is only available if you use the one page checkout option. I am not using that option.

Any coders out there know how to add this functionality in if a user is not using the “one page checkout” option?

So the standard checkout does not allow entry of coupons and gift certificates? How this can be considered anything but a MAJOR bug is beyond me. Heck, I would have been embarrassed to acknowledge the oversight.

Bob

This is the response I got from CS cart:

Dear Mike,

A coupon code can be added on the checkout page if you use one page checkout on your site. Otherwise entering coupon code is possible only on the cart page. I have forwarded the suggestion of adding the field for the coupon code to the checkout page if one page checkout option is not used. Perhaps it will be changed in the next CS-Cart versions.

As for the present moment, we can only offer you our custom development service. Our engineers can add this field for you on a paid basis. Please let me know if you are interested in it.

Thank you.

I was able to ‘work-around’ the problem a bit I modified the cart_status.tpl so when the customer clicks checkout it takes them to the cart page so they can review before they proceed.

[HTML]

Look For…

{$lang.checkout}

Changed To…

{$lang.checkout}[/HTML]

Thank you for posting this “work-around!” It works beautifully…now my customers will not miss their opportunity to enter a coupon or check their cart contents before checking out.

Stephanie

Testing 2.0.8

Currently using King-Cart: www.Products4Pets.com

Will this work in 2.0.15? Remind me what directory this file is located in.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

[quote name=‘hydrogend’]I was able to ‘work-around’ the problem a bit I modified the cart_status.tpl so when the customer clicks checkout it takes them to the cart page so they can review before they proceed.

[HTML]

Look For…

{$lang.checkout}

Changed To…

{$lang.checkout}[/HTML][/QUOTE]

I would also, would like to know.

big thanks to hydrogend for the workaround. :smiley:

just had to do a discount refund as the customer put the code in the notes section as they went straight through to checkout and I don’t use the one page checkout method.

i’m running 2.0.15 and the below is the code changes I used :

[HTML]

In /skins//customer/views/checkout/components/cart_status.tpl

look for :

{if $settings.General.one_page_checkout != “Y”}{$lang.checkout}{else}{$lang.checkout}{/if}

replace with :

{if $settings.General.one_page_checkout != “Y”}{$lang.checkout}{else}{$lang.checkout}{/if}

[/HTML]

cheers,

bashir.