Add Barcodes To Gift Certificate

Hello,

Have someone an idea or starting point how to attach a barcode to gift certificate?

Help appreciated :wink:

What information do you want to store in this barcode?

What information do you want to store in this barcode?

I want to show a generated barcode like on the invoice. Probably copying from invoice template would do the trick...not sure if it will affect something.

Thank you in advance.
Dzemal

Would help if you'd describe the workflow and expected use more completely. Why would you want a reference to an order on a gift certificate and who is going to read the barcode and what are they going to do with that data? Is the goal a quick reference into the usage of the gift certificate from the admin side?

Would help if you'd describe the workflow and expected use more completely. Why would you want a reference to an order on a gift certificate and who is going to read the barcode and what are they going to do with that data? Is the goal a quick reference into the usage of the gift certificate from the admin side?

The goal is to display it in the generated gift certificate.
Most certificates are designed in this way and gives a coupon more useabilty like using a barcode scanner.

I have mentioned the code from invoice in a direction that there is a function which generates a new barcode.
Not taking the same barcode.

Indepented barcode for each.

Sorry, I'm still confused on the use case. I get that you want to put a barcode (not sure what it's to reference) on a GC.

But who's going to scan it?

Are you expecting your customers to have scanners? Or are you wanting them to scan it on their phone and somehow have that take them to your site and apply it to an existing (or future) cart?

Sorry, I'm still confused on the use case. I get that you want to put a barcode (not sure what it's to reference) on a GC.
But who's going to scan it?

Are you expecting your customers to have scanners? Or are you wanting them to scan it on their phone and somehow have that take them to your site and apply it to an existing (or future) cart?

No need to reference anything just generate a new barcode foreach.

From my opinion it will give a gift certificate more pro and secure look ;)

Can automate entering in invoice system i use for invoicing (barcode scanner)

Seriously, you want a picture of a barcode but it's not functional?

Someone is seeing functionality :wink:

Regards

Visual beauty more then func :stuck_out_tongue:

True function is :

Customer comes to a store with given or bought gift certificate and you just quickly scan the code and apply discount :wink:

If your barcode contains the amount of the GC, how will you know how much as been previously used? The barcode would need to be created based on your point of sale system and scanner. But if you're going to blindly accept without a 2-way interface into cs-cart from your POS, then you'll never be able to validate the proper amount.

So, after 10 messages we finally get to what you want to do with the barcode. But I don't believe what you want to do is practical given the customization that would be required not only in cs-cart (not sure GC balance is available via the API) but from your POS as well.

Yes. Thatโ€™s true. The gc must he present in the system and amount assigned.