Add Banner Button Doesn't Work

In 2.0.12, I’m trying to add a banner to the home page. I created a banner block and then clicked on the “Add+” button in order to add a banner. This window opens, but then when I click the “Add Banner” button, nothing happens. All I get is a javascript error related to the core.js file.

Is this a known bug or is there a way around this? I would like someone to try and duplicate this on their system and see if they have the same problem.

me too, cannot add banner in 2.0.12

Has anyone responded to this problem yet? I can add a banner block, but I don’t seem able to work out how to add banner content to the block on the left side.

The block incorporated into the skin used this appearance code:

addons/banners/blocks/original.tpl

This option is not available in the dropdown for the new banner block and there doesn’t seem to be anyway to associate a new banner with a block within Content->Banners.

It’s due to mod_security being in effect, contact your system administrator/hosting administrator and ask then to modify the regex to reflect.

“Error 500” is relative to this issue.

Just to let you know. If you are using Adblock Plus on FireFox than it will block your banners. If you are using Adblock than just tell it to trust your site and refresh.

I’m not sure if that will fix your problems, but this really frustrated me for a while until I figured it out.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Just to let you know. If you are using Adblock Plus on FireFox than it will block your banners. If you are using Adblock than just tell it to trust your site and refresh.

[/QUOTE]

I’m having this trouble in IE 8.

As it turned out, I was endeavoring to use the Standard Sidebox Banner, which has no options and cannot be edited once placed. Is this by design?

The list object banner block works as expected, although the name “list object” didn’t cause me to work with it first…:smiley: