Activating the "Top Menu" Buttons/Tabs?

Here you can see the top categories will activate the appropriate “Top Menu” button/tab. However this does not occur on any sub-categories or products.

What do we have to enter into the “Activate menu tab for:” box to ensure the sub-category and product has the appropriate button/tab active? Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, really didn’t get what you have posted. But I have my personal suggestion, please do not make a single web page too lengthy instead divide the same page, since you sell hooka you need to enter images, too much content on single page means slow browsing. It’s my personal opinion. Your theme looks great.

Please take a look at the attached screen shots. You’ll note that the parent category has it’s button as active but neither it’s sub category nor any products in this category have this parent category’s top menu button as active. How do I get this menu button to be active for sub categories and products?

non-active-button-product.jpg

non-active-button-sub-category.jpg

active-button-top-category.jpg

[quote name=‘mayanetwork’]Please take a look at the attached screen shots. You’ll note that the parent category has it’s button as active but neither it’s sub category nor any products in this category have this parent category’s top menu button as active. How do I get this menu button to be active for sub categories and products?[/QUOTE]

it works fine all remaining tabs works good

[quote name=‘ravt’]it works fine all remaining tabs works good[/QUOTE]

You can see from the screen shots that the sub category and the product don’t have the top menu button “Hookah Pipes” active.

Does anyone know what we need to do to ensure the appropriate top menu button is active when browsing it’s sub categories and products?

Put down the “Hookah” and walk away! LMAO

Your screenshots are too small and I can’t tell what isn’t working. It seems to be fine from here.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Put down the “Hookah” and walk away! LMAO

Your screenshots are too small and I can’t tell what isn’t working. It seems to be fine from here.[/QUOTE]

Notice how the top menu button for “Hookah Pipes” is black on the parent category screen shot? Then if you view a “Hookah Pipes” sub category or a product the top menu button is no longer Black/active.

I see what you’re saying now. It’s changing from top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active span to top_menu ul li.first-level span when it should stay as top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active span

Pass the “Hookah” this way!

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I see what you’re saying now. It’s changing from top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active span to top_menu ul li.first-level span when it should stay as top_menu ul li.first-level.cm-active span

I think Tool Outfitters Is taking about PHP codes.

I saw on your site and got an Idea, you want main-category in black when user select the corresponding sub-category, if I really got you. We both know it is something to do with PHP codes. On forum I know JesseLeeStringer and snorocket write PHP code, it is better you PM them and know what they charge.

Here is how I found the root category id.

{php}

$cat_path = $this->_tpl_vars[‘category_data’][‘id_path’];

$root_cat_id = substr($cat_path, 0, strpos($cat_path, ‘/’));

{/php}

Then you just have to add some logic to your menu items to stay “active”

Thank you everyone for your help. We thought it was a built in feature as it’s a logical navigation tool so you always know what category you are in that most sites use. Strange that CS-C wouldn’t have this as a built in feature. Thanks again.

it does not, it only stays active for the root level.

pretty easy to edit though

The basic skin tabs do remain active. Just a mishap between skins.?

Edit: Retract. Basic skin doesn’t have submenu’s so who knows?

I realise this thread is a bit old, but I've noticed this issue too (with version 3.03).

I'm wondering if anyone has found a workaround for maintaining the active state on the appropriate category in the top menu when viewing a product page.