Act on behalf of does not work!

“Act on behalf of” doesn’t seems to work. It worked previously when I tested, but now it doesn’t work anymore. I am using CS-Cart 2.0.10, tried “Act on behalf of” in Firefox and IE, both doesn’t work!

Login as Administrator, clicked on a customer, then clicked on “Act on behalf of”. A new popup appears, but it doesn’t login as that customer. When I click on anything (for example on “Orders” under My account), it asks me to login.

Why CS-Cart so buggy?

This bug found and solved many times now… I suppose this will happen with every new release of the cart. Developers should name cs-cart 2x as beta. Use on your own risk.

[quote name=‘Darius’]This bug found and solved many times now… I suppose this will happen with every new release of the cart. Developers should name cs-cart 2x as beta. Use on your own risk.[/QUOTE]

OMG, CS-Cart is so buggy!

We use “act on behalf of” function mutiple times per day, never an issue…

Version 2.0.12

It doesn’t work on my case…

Works for me, as well.

Are you saying that it previously worked under version 2.0.10 and then just stopped working? Or has it stopped working subsequent to an cart update?

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Works for me, as well.

Are you saying that it previously worked under version 2.0.10 and then just stopped working? Or has it stopped working subsequent to an cart update?

Bob[/QUOTE]

It worked previously on a previous version. Then I updated to 2.0.10 and have some customizations done by the CS-Cart team (on some other features), and what I know “Act on behalf of” doesn’t work now.

Same thing happened to me when i upgraded. I cleaned our my cache and everything worked fine afterwards.

[quote name=‘mrmem’]Same thing happened to me when i upgraded. I cleaned our my cache and everything worked fine afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Does not work in my case. CS-cart is VERY buggy!

[QUOTE]Does not work in my case. CS-cart is VERY buggy![/QUOTE]

Have you ever thought that maybe “you” screwed something up on your end? :smiley:

Just because something isn’t working for you doesn’t mean it is a bug!

[quote name=‘Struck’]Have you ever thought that maybe “you” screwed something up on your end? :smiley:

Just because something isn’t working for you doesn’t mean it is a bug![/QUOTE]

Yes, this is possible… but if this can be so easily screwed up, then… I don’t know what to say. I am a developer myself, I followed their instructions to do installation, upgrades, etc, so, what have I done that might screw it up? Can so easily screw up the cart??!

Actually, the word “buggy” is very subjective. For me, there are a lot of features do not work correctly, and for me these are enough for this cart to be labeled as buggy. For other people, maybe they need to experience 100 bugs then they will call it buggy.

I have tried “act on behalf” and I don’t know if it works or not. How is it supposed to work? I looked for documentation on what this does and I can’t see anything that explains it.

Adam

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I have tried “act on behalf” and I don’t know if it works or not. How is it supposed to work? I looked for documentation on what this does and I can’t see anything that explains it.

Adam[/QUOTE]

The doc doesn’t really explain anything useful.

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I have tried “act on behalf” and I don’t know if it works or not. How is it supposed to work? I looked for documentation on what this does and I can’t see anything that explains it.

Adam[/QUOTE]

Hello Adam,

“Act on Behalf of” simply means that you become logged into the front end as if your the customer & is typically used to place an order for a customer, testing, etc.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hello Adam,

“Act on Behalf of” simply means that you become logged into the front end as if your the customer & is typically used to place an order for a customer, testing, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know. Anyway, thanks for the input still. :slight_smile: This function does not work in my setup.

[quote name=‘alanpro’]Yes, I know. Anyway, thanks for the input still. :slight_smile: This function does not work in my setup.[/QUOTE]

But Adam wasn’t sure… :wink:

Alanpro,

We have been using the act on behalf of extensively over all versions of 2.0, so my bet is that a file was missed during one of your upgrades, or it “might” be an error in sessions handling, or “maybe” a permissions setting error.

I am not sure which files you should verify are actually uploaded & in place, so you may want to just send a support ticket to have CS-Cart find the problem for you. Or, download a fresh copy of 2.0.10 & compare to your existing store folders/files.

But, I can guarantee you that this function does indeed work quite nicely!

I will send a ticket to support and ask them. Thanks.

[quote name=‘Struck’]But Adam wasn’t sure… :wink:

Alanpro,

We have been using the act on behalf of extensively over all versions of 2.0, so my bet is that a file was missed during one of your upgrades, or it “might” be an error in sessions handling, or “maybe” a permissions setting error.

I am not sure which files you should verify are actually uploaded & in place, so you may want to just send a support ticket to have CS-Cart find the problem for you. Or, download a fresh copy of 2.0.10 & compare to your existing store folders/files.

But, I can guarantee you that this function does indeed work quite nicely![/QUOTE]

any success alanpro on resolving this issue ?

I am running 2.0.15 and just tried it, but it does not work for me.

it just sends me to the homepage and not signed in.

would be extremely handy for it to work …

cheers,

bashir.

“Act on Behalf of” does not work for my 2.0.14 cart either. it used to work, as I have used it in the past, but it has embarrassed me with a phone order from customer when I could not place the order!

What is the cause of this?

Anyone know the fix?

Just tested 2.0.15 in Chrome, FF and IE8. doesn’t work and redirects to the front page. Same as for you.

[quote name=‘bashir’]any success alanpro on resolving this issue ?

I am running 2.0.15 and just tried it, but it does not work for me.

it just sends me to the homepage and not signed in.

would be extremely handy for it to work …

cheers,

bashir.[/QUOTE]