Accounting Tools

Hi,

Would like to know whoever is using Multi Vendor Edition, do you find you also need to use any third party accounting tools/software (eg Filemaker, MYOB) to keep track of the accounts and vendor payouts? Or do you find that the Account and Payouts function in MVE is enough?

If you use a third party accounting software, which one do you use?

What are your processes for paying out Vendors? (As standard CS-Cart functions only allow for all payments to come through to the Root Administrator, and then you need to disperse the funds accordingly).

How do you pay out Vendors? ie Paypal, bank transfer, etc.

Thanks!

I’m not using the Multi-vendor, but I’m evaluating the xTuple product call PostBooks. It’s free and open source, runs on Linux, Apple, Windows.

[url]http://www.xtuple.com/postbooks[/url]

Thanks Larry. Anyone else who is using Multivendor Edition? How do you keep track of all your vendor payouts? What are your processes for Vendor payouts?

[quote name=‘exodus’]Anyone else who is using Multivendor Edition? How do you keep track of all your vendor payouts? [/QUOTE]

The sort by vendor feature in the MVE is pretty nice. By sorting on a certain vendor you can see all their transactions and all payments made to them in order by date. I’m also going to keep some info in an excel sheet. From what I’m reading in this forum it doesn’t look like there are too many options for accounting software for the MVE. The real test will be when you have several hundred or even several thousand sellers. I’ll get back to you when I get that far. :wink:

[quote name=‘bb3’]The sort by vendor feature in the MVE is pretty nice. By sorting on a certain vendor you can see all their transactions and all payments made to them in order by date. I’m also going to keep some info in an excel sheet. From what I’m reading in this forum it doesn’t look like there are too many options for accounting software for the MVE. The real test will be when you have several hundred or even several thousand sellers. I’ll get back to you when I get that far. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks bb3, we’re expecting to have a few hundred sellers on our site and are worried CS-Cart may not be able to keep up reliably or efficiently with all our accounting needs.

Is anybody currently using CS-Cart MVE to this magnitude? Ie 100 sellers or more?