Access restrictions addon

How do you get the access restrictions addon to work? I have the “Block IP after a number of unsuccessful attempts” ticked for Customer and Administrator area and the “Number of unsuccessful attempts” to 5 on Customer and Administrator area. To my understanding it will block the IP after 5 unsuccessful logins. I have put in the wrong password to try it out this addon about 10-20 times and it still didn’t block the IP, i tried it on the Customer and Administrator area.

Any ideas?

[quote name=‘projectmyst’]How do you get the access restrictions addon to work? I have the “Block IP after a number of unsuccessful attempts” ticked for Customer and Administrator area and the “Number of unsuccessful attempts” to 5 on Customer and Administrator area. To my understanding it will block the IP after 5 unsuccessful logins. I have put in the wrong password to try it out this addon about 10-20 times and it still didn’t block the IP, i tried it on the Customer and Administrator area.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Hello projectmyst,

Try clearing the cache.

In order to do it, you need to log in to your store administration panel and add the “?cc” or “&cc” text to the end of the path on any of the store pages in the browser. For example: http://YOUR_DOMAIN/ADMIN_SCRIPT?cc, where YOUR_DOMAIN is your domain name, ADMIN_SCRIPT is the name of your admin.php script.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

I have cleared the cache but it still doesn’t work i even tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but nothing, it will not block the IP no matter how many times i enter the username and password wrong.

[quote name=‘projectmyst’]I have cleared the cache but it still doesn’t work i even tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but nothing, it will not block the IP no matter how many times i enter the username and password wrong.[/QUOTE]

Hello projectmyst,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team