About Tax

Hello,

How do you keep records of all the tax that customers paid?

Whenever, customers purchased an item, do I also, print a invoice for my record too?

I need to know how to I keep record of the tax I will have to pay?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tom

We do double data input to sage 50, as our websales are only a very small part of our turnover but you could print a copy or export a sales report each week, month etc in .csv format this will allow you to see the tax seperately instead of all on a bit of paper. Our country requires us to keep a hard copy of the original for 4 years so if you arent using an external accounts programme then make good backups or print and keep hard copies.

Hey

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1344004888' post='142158']

We do double data input to sage 50, as our websales are only a very small part of our turnover but you could print a copy or export a sales report each week, month etc in .csv format this will allow you to see the tax seperately instead of all on a bit of paper. Our country requires us to keep a hard copy of the original for 4 years so if you arent using an external accounts programme then make good backups or print and keep hard copies.

[/quote]

Hey,

what about quickbooks, will I be able to use that to track my tax?

should imagine so, though I have heard a few users on here that dont like the integration to much…not even sure if it is supported in latest version?

John

You can set up tax reports within the cart.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1344016960' post='142168']

You can set up tax reports within the cart.

[/quote]

Hey,

How do I do that?

It's not easy to explain in words but if you mess around with it, you will figure it out.

Look at he default reports to get an idea of how they are set up but do not edit them…create a new report all together. For example, I charge sales tax for the state of Texas and so I have a report called “Texas Sales”. Within that I have individual reports for “Product cost”, “Total sales”, “Shipping cost”, “Taxes”. Each of the reports can be edited to your liking such as “Location” (in this case Texas), order status (I set this to completed orders which means those are the ones that actually brought money in), etc…

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1344026726' post='142174']

It's not easy to explain in words but if you mess around with it, you will figure it out.

Look at he default reports to get an idea of how they are set up but do not edit them…create a new report all together. For example, I charge sales tax for the state of Texas and so I have a report called “Texas Sales”. Within that I have individual reports for “Product cost”, “Total sales”, “Shipping cost”, “Taxes”. Each of the reports can be edited to your liking such as “Location” (in this case Texas), order status (I set this to completed orders which means those are the ones that actually brought money in), etc…

[/quote]

Thank you, I'll mess around with it.

Tom

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1344026726' post='142174']

[/quote]

Hey,

Here is the thing with the cscart report. You can't print that report and you can't get all the order total on one page. Like shipping, tax and so on.

Tom