About redirect links

Hello,

I just did a fresh installed of the 3.01, but how do I redirect all my links from that are in the search engine to my new website?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tom

You dont have to, have you used all the same data and exported imported seo names etc? if so then it should be fine. Have you tried one from google or webmaster tools.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1337962463' post='137301']

You dont have to, have you used all the same data and exported imported seo names etc? if so then it should be fine. Have you tried one from google or webmaster tools.

John

[/quote]

No I didn't used the same data, becuause my hosting company been offline for 2 weeks now and I didn't have a back up.

So is there anyway to redirect to my new website?

What have you changed…domain? Category link structure? Page link structure?

What happpened exactly Tom, do you have no data from your old site at all even an old exported .csv file with categories sub cats and products etc that you may have worked on for import?

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1338022320' post='137358']

What happpened exactly Tom, do you have no data from your old site at all even an old exported .csv file with categories sub cats and products etc that you may have worked on for import?

John

[/quote]

Thats exactly what happen. No data, no hosting company, just disappeared. So I have nothing, that is why I have to start all over again. So are the links in the search engine are dead.

if google has crawled and gotten a load of 404s they will be in your webmaster tools as not founds. You could download this table and re use the data in excel to add all seo content back to your products .

And remember BACKUP !

john

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1338042643' post='137375']

if google has crawled and gotten a load of 404s they will be in your webmaster tools as not founds. You could download this table and re use the data in excel to add all seo content back to your products .

And remember BACKUP !

john

[/quote]

Yes, this time I will remember to keep a back up. I just found a copy of my store on my pc, but it was copy using FTP on to my local pc, would I be able to use any data from it?

I assume it is the ftp files and folders. You need a database backup.

if you have backed up from admin then there will be an sql file in var>database folders, it will be called dump_whatever1234131.sql Look for the latest one and see if it is good enough for you, i.e not too much changes since the last backup.

you can look for sql convertor for excel then use the data how you wish, or you could create a new dummy database in phpmyadmin bring the sql into that then export what data you need from that to excel or csv etc.

Should work fine either way.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1338107987' post='137424']

I assume it is the ftp files and folders. You need a database backup.

if you have backed up from admin then there will be an sql file in var>database folders, it will be called dump_whatever1234131.sql Look for the latest one and see if it is good enough for you, i.e not too much changes since the last backup.

you can look for sql convertor for excel then use the data how you wish, or you could create a new dummy database in phpmyadmin bring the sql into that then export what data you need from that to excel or csv etc.

Should work fine either way.

[/quote]

Thank you

Tom