Ability to clone an item more than 1X

Let’s say I have a bunch of items that are identical minus a few description changes (same price, same options, slightly different title). Well, I can take an item and clone it. Problem is, let’s say I need to clone an item 20 times! For instance, I see sell a New York Yankees t-shirt and need to add 32 more teams to the baseball section of my clothing store.

Well, you have to hit “clone”, and it’ll create a clone. I make the new clone active. Then I have to clone the item I just cloned, again and again and again.

Yes, I still have to edit changes (new product name, new photo, etc), but I can always just easily edit a bunch of items at once. The problem with working on an item one-by-one is every time you make changes, you have to save and wait for it to reload. It’s easier to make all the changes at once, save it, and then that’s it.

Am I making sense?

It would be easier if you could hit clone and type in how many times to clone it, like “20” and it’ll clone it 20 times in the same catagory. I then can just edit the 20 clone items at once.

It would save me a lot of time.

You can vote to add this feature in the Ideas forum:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/717486-add-the-ability-to-create-multiple-clones-at-once[/url]

Bob

Why don’t you do it through Excel - export your product list, make the changes/additions in Excel and re-import it.

I use excel, even quicker than in the admin I reckon.

John

I don’t know where I would be without Excel. It is so much quicker than adding products in Admin, except if you have options for your products. I use Excel to update prices, check for duplicate part numbers before adding any new products, check if any new part numbers have been added by our supplier (in our industry, the part numbers are constantly being updated), adding images … the list goes on.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]I don’t know where I would be without Excel. It is so much quicker than adding products in Admin, except if you have options for your products. I use Excel to update prices, check for duplicate part numbers before adding any new products, check if any new part numbers have been added by our supplier (in our industry, the part numbers are constantly being updated), adding images … the list goes on.[/quote]

Can’t duplicate product options.

For this reason alone Excel isn’t my golden gun.

what is an example of an excel spreadsheet to use for this purpose?

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1327961236' post='130264']

what is an example of an excel spreadsheet to use for this purpose?

[/quote]

find some products in your store and export them as a csv file and then open the file in excel… choose ones that have things that you want like certain options etc. This is where demo data can come in handy.

John

[quote]Can't duplicate product options.[/quote]

Cant bulk edit Global Options of products in the admin either.