A small request to forum moderators. (New & Old) ;)

It would make browsing through the forum more intuitive to create some sub-forums like “Live Help” for instance. vBulletin is an extremely powerful forum engine and it should hardly be a problem to do that.

The only problem would be to move old posts into these sub-forums, but once it’s done it will be sooo much easier to browse and find answers before posting new threads.

I reckon the masses are not as comfortable to use the search as moderators and loyal users would like them to be. I believe that categorizing the forum into relevant chunks will decrease posting of redundant threads dramatically.

Forums like “Configuration”, “General Questions” and others are too general. I’m sure people post threads on “Configuration” that would supposedly be on “Store design”, just because there’s nearly 4 times more threads on “Configuration” (in other words, more traffic).

Maybe we can use this thread to suggest things related to moderation? :rolleyes:

I both agree and disagree with you! :slight_smile:

The trouble with barely used sub-forums, is that they remain barely used. People see that not a lot of activity is there and will post in an active section instead :slight_smile:

Well, that’s easily solved when moderators keep it tidy and move threads that concern security from a layout related sub-forum.

It all comes down to how much effort moderators can / want to put into organizing the whole forum. Joomla’s forum, for instance, is very well moderated, and even “bump” posts get warnings…

[quote name=‘illusion’]Well, that’s easily solved when moderators keep it tidy and move threads that concern security from a layout related sub-forum.

It all comes down to how much effort moderators [SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]USERS [/COLOR][/SIZE]can / want to put into organizing the whole forum. Joomla’s forum, for instance, is very well moderated, and even “bump” posts get warnings…[/quote]

Yeah well said Illusion :wink:

ET still is the boss so all areas that users wish to improve will be heard and possibly acted upon