A simple way to add any content on any place on template

Hi StellarBytes, is it possible to add content below the product picture on the product detail page using your way? Like on the attachment.

Thanks for your help.

David

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1358262244' post='152862']

Simple. Change the Grid Width of the grid containing 'Main Content'. Create a new grid within the same parent grid, add Products block. Done.

[/quote]

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1358262244' post='152862']

Simple. Change the Grid Width of the grid containing 'Main Content'. Create a new grid within the same parent grid, add Products block. Done.

[/quote]

cs-cart-question.png

[quote name='Belzibot' timestamp='1359401861' post='153851']

Hi StellarBytes, is it possible to add content below the product picture on the product detail page using your way? Like on the attachment.

Thanks for your help.

David

[/quote]

It really depends on your template and how it is coded. The Basic template definitely cannot. Judging by your screenshot, that is the template you are using or have built upon, so would advise Vali's way would be more suited to you unless you want to make quite a considerable amount of changes to both your template files and the CSS to achieve this, where as Vali's take on this will allow you to do what you're looking to achieve in less than 5 minutes.

I'm using one of pixemus.com template but the one on the screenshot is a pic from the demo template on cs-cart.com. Ok I'll give it a try. Thank you for getting back to me so quick.

David

I added the code:

{if $block.user_class}{capture name=$block.user_class}{$content|unescape}{/capture}{/if}

to skins/[SKIN_NAME]/customer/blocks/wrappers and name it capture.tpl

I created an html block, called Footer Right, added “This is a demo” as text in the content and pick the wrapper “capture” and use footer_right as the css class.

I can't find which tpl file to edit and add the code:

{$smarty.capture.footer_right)

So that it displays under the product image on the product detail page. Any help would be super appreciated. I'll keep trying.

Thanks,

David

You'll want to edit /blocks/product_templates/yourproducttemplate.tpl (confirm which one by going Editing a product, the Template is selected at the bottom of the General tab on the Edit Product page).

Add the code below the following line in your product template, although the file path to the image template may be different, the basis is the same - you want to add the code in the same

as the call to the product images template file.

{include file="views/products/components/product_images.tpl" product=$product show_detailed_link="Y"}

Edit: It worked perfect, thank you.

Thank you so much for your help Stellarbytes, I'll give this a try.

David

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1359416830' post='153866']

You'll want to edit /blocks/product_templates/yourproducttemplate.tpl (confirm which one by going Editing a product, the Template is selected at the bottom of the General tab on the Edit Product page).

Add the code below the following line in your product template, although the file path to the image template may be different, the basis is the same - you want to add the code in the same

as the call to the product images template file.

{include file="views/products/components/product_images.tpl" product=$product show_detailed_link="Y"}

[/quote]

$capture_trick_usage++;

:))

I’m glad trick help you

Valentin

Just wanted to say THANKYOU! I have been trying to do this for a very long time, can't say how much I LOVE THIS!

I have ran into a snag and wondering if you might be able to help.

I noticed when i choose an option the block removes itself. Any Ideas? Here is a video as to what it is doing:

[url=“http://screencast.com/t/t6rvouus”]http://screencast.com/t/t6rvouus[/url]

@Tina

The “magic” is happening because of ajax request, what version are you using? i will simulate and come back with a solution for you.

Valentin

hello - how you got WHY NOT TRY ? - Which I believe its related products how to get that right next to the product page ?

Hi Vali.

i want to do http://www.hungryweb…ure-exemple.jpg but change something. Title is the top.

http://forum.cs-cart…&attach_id=6459

How i put a right place as the same a image. i put a [color=#666600][size=2]{[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]$smarty[/size][/color][color=#666600][size=2].[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]capture[/size][/color][color=#666600][size=2].[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]footer_right[/size][/color][color=#666600][size=2]}[/size][/color] this code but how can i do right place.

i think this is so useful for everybody. Share link and promotions image wright place i think.

@crazyshark20

for what version do you need?

If you can please send a link to original website to see any other template modification that skin have it already

Valentin

Hi Valentin

I use multi and prof v3.0.5

www.hizlial.com

i think is it so useful for customer because they see everything in product page.

Thanks for help.

Is this the way you won't ?

Valentin

Hi Valentin

Yes i want that.

How is it posible i dont know but when is the product name is long title top of the detail. LÄ°ke attached file.

Thanks for your help.

Untitled-2.jpg

@crazyshark20

The title will be displayed on 2 lines

Valentin

Hi

why wont you make ti via css blocked and in a certain width and overflow hidden.

Tha way you will always get it in the same place and it will make 2 lines pushing the product to the bottom and not overlapping the blocks.

Do I make any sense?

Fotis

Thanks so much Vali, i am on professional

Hi valentin Is there any progress? we wait you :)