A few basic things

Hello CS-CART users!

So, I am a new user - have a multi-vendor license and I am presently learning to get around. I get a feeling that I could get some help from this Forum. =)

So – first things first.

1. Janrain is killing me. =(

I tried to follow the instructions from this link: How To Install Janrain On 2.2.1 (Guide) - General Questions - CS-Cart Forums but I am having difficulties in FB end where I am supposed to enter the URL which has a ‘.rpx’ prefix to it. I am not able to set it up on the website frontend as well.

2. Does anyone know how to eliminate the automatic horizontal scroll that appears at the end of the page when you are using a fixed width skin? (Not 100% width) (Attached screenshot - Page scroll.png)[attachment=4433:page scroll.png]

3. Do you know how to add FB LIKE and share buttons to each product?

4. Do you know how to move ‘product name’ and ‘price’ to below the thumbnail while using Product Grid layout? I tried it and was able to move the price down – but not the name (Reference: dev.camdenzone.com) (Attached screenshot: Product name below thumbnail.png)[attachment=4434:Product name below thumbnail.png]

5. Do you know how to add a new sub tab to the My profile section or how to edit the ‘Credit Cards’ section?

Attached screenshot: Edit profile page.png

[attachment=4435:Edit profile page.png]

Cheers and Thanks guys!

page scroll.png

Product name below thumbnail.png

Edit profile page.png

#2 make sure the content you are using fits within the size you have specified (sum of left, center, right columns) and that overflow is set to none.

#4 you'll have to edit the template and possibly NOT use the product_data.tpl which forces some layout.

#5 Take a look at some of the addons. There will be a file in things like seo of

schemas/menu/menu.post.xml

This is where the menus are extended.

1. when using version 2.2.1 the product name is already below the image if you select the “product grid” template from Products list layouts settings.

Thanks hbtrading and tbirnseth. Your insights have been helpful.

2) I still have not gotten a handle on the scroll problem at the bottom of the page – but I am on it though. =)

3) Still baffles me – I am trying to use cscartconnect but somehow I cannot get it to work

4) I concur with hbtrading ---- I used Product Grids and now the price and name are being displayed below the thumbnail.

5) I have no idea what you just said tbirnseth, Is there some way through the application that I can make this change or do I have write a piece of code? =)

Thanks again, folks! =)

If you want a custom menu you will have to add it to the menu schema somewhere. I suggested you look at other addons to see how they add their menu items (assuming this was the point you were confused about). I.e. to add an item under the customer menu called “My stuff”, you would:

• create a language variable named my_stuff as “My Stuff”
  • create the file addons/my_changes/schemas/menu/menu.post.xml with content of:

• clear your cache

Invoking your admin interface you will then see a link under the customer menu named “My Stuff”. Clicking it will call the my_changes controller with a mode of “my_stuff”.

For the customer side of the world, you might have to modify, but there should be an addon that will give you what you want (maybe news & emails) for the customer side.

Great! Let me check on this and revert!

Thank you very much.

Oh and do you know how to increase the size of the thumbnails displayed on the home page of the website. I wish to specify a certain size like 170x130 for example? I understand that when thumbnails are not uploaded, CS-CART automatically creates a thumbnail to the size of 120x90. Where do I change this default setting?

Thanks!

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

John

John — sometimes you don't even need to say a word! =)

Thanks for that, mate.

I have updated the thumbnails sizes to 160x130.

However, the thumbnail generation is still not very good. See…[attachment=4440:Uneven thumbnails.png]

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Uneven thumbnails.png

Guys,

Thanks for all the support!

Can you tell me where to add/edit email templates? The control we use to edit the body of emails we send out to customers etc with invoices etc?

Thanks guys!

Hello Camdenzone,

I answered these questions via Customer Help Desk, but I will duplicate my answers for all:

[quote name='Camdenzone' timestamp='1312837754' post='119152']

John — sometimes you don't even need to say a word! =)

Thanks for that, mate.

I have updated the thumbnails sizes to 160x130.

However, the thumbnail generation is still not very good. See…[attachment=4440:Uneven thumbnails.png]

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

[/quote]

It seems that this problem occurred because of the thumbnails cache storage. In order to clear it, open this link in your browser: http://www.your_domain.com/admin.php?ct, where “www.your_domain.com” is the address of your store and where admin.php is a script file for the administration panel of your store that was renamed for security reasons.

Please note that before cleaning the templates cache you should be logged in to the administration panel of your store.

[quote name='Camdenzone' timestamp='1313240702' post='119461']

Guys,

Thanks for all the support!

Can you tell me where to add/edit email templates? The control we use to edit the body of emails we send out to customers etc with invoices etc?

Thanks guys!

[/quote]

In order to realize such a feature, please take these steps:

1. Log in to the administration panel of your store.
  2. Open the “Orders” tab.
  3. Click on the “Order statuses” link.
  4. Click on the “edit” link of the necessary order status.
  5. Enter the new text to the “E-mail header:” input field.
  6. Click the “Save” button.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks Anastasiya. I asked here as well because I understand that since you are busy, I do not get answers as quickly as I need them. I hope you understand – we are working under very strict timelines here and the board does not understand that I need to wait for a day before I get a response from the helpdesk.

So, here I go again. =)

1. Your answer does not help me when I wish to edit the template of the email systems sends out when a new customer registers with the website or when there is a password change request.
  2. How do I upload more than one image for a product? I tried different combinations but the best result I received was that the system was updating the present image. The system only had one image at all times. =(

Hello Camdenzone,

Thank you for the reply. In order to change the look of the mentioned template, you should edit the “create_profile.tpl” and “update_profile.tpl” files located in the “skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/mail/profiles” directory of your CS-Cart installation, where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront.

As regards adding additional images for a product, you can implement it in the “Images” tab when editing the product in the administration panel.

Please check it.

Also please let me apologize for the delay in answering your request in Help Desk. Unfortunately, our workload is too intense at the moment and we cannot answer all customer's requests as soon as we receive them, but we guarantee you a reply within one business day.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team