65k page views in a day!

One of my clients running on CS-Cart served 65k page views yesterday. There were some minor hiccups but, WOW! CSC handled the traffic beautifully.

Wow…

65k a day is 2 million a month!

Congratulations!

Lee Li Pop

Id be happy with 650 page views a day :mrgreen:

Well done

JOhn

[quote name=‘idg’]One of my clients running on CS-Cart served 65k page views yesterday. There were some minor hiccups but, WOW! CSC handled the traffic beautifully.[/QUOTE]

Are they interested in linking to my website? hahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys. For those who wish to know, they are running on a 16 CPU, 24GB RAM server to serve dynamic data and use Akamai to serve all static assets (images, css, js etc).

mind sharing the URL?

Just curious as to the source of the stats? If it’s webalizer then every ajax request is included. Be interested to know from the cart stats page what it sees as the pages viewed.

It’s from Google Analytics. My client would prefer that I not share the url, sorry.

Link or B.S…

Here’s a screenshot of GA.

gadec7.PNG

[quote name=‘idg’]they are running on a [SIZE=“3”]16 CPU, 24GB RAM[/SIZE] server[/QUOTE]

What is the monthly pricing for hosting?

[quote name=‘idg’] to serve dynamic data and use Akamai to serve all static assets (images, css, js etc).[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“3”]Could you tell us how you did to use a CDN with CS-Cart?[/SIZE]

Lee Li Pop

Well, you can do anything with enough horsepower. I’m glad cs held up to things. But that’s a pretty beefy machine!

Would like to know:

• What’s the cs-cart version?
  • What type of registry caching do you use (backend cache)?
  • To what extent do you make use of filters and/or product features?
  • How many products and how many categories?
  • How long has the site been up and running?
  • How often do you clear the cache (if at all)?

why wont you share url?

I don’t know why anyone would ever hide their url unless it is top secret project (which its not if it gets 65k views/day) or unless its BS

Just sayin

[quote name=‘hartwm’]why wont you share url?

I don’t know why anyone would ever hide their url unless it is top secret project (which its not if it gets 65k views/day) or unless its BS

Just sayin[/QUOTE]

It is a client of his. As any good developer, he is respecting the wishes of his client and will not share the url. I don’t see that as a big deal, there are other active cs cart forum members that do not share their business urls.

[quote name=‘hartwm’]why wont you share url?

Just sayin[/QUOTE]

Like Adodric says, there can be several reasons why the owner of that business in question does not wish to have their site particulars randomly discussed in forums! Maybe he/she does not want their competion to clearly no what e-comm platform they are running, nor following the details of exactly what obstacles they had to overcome in their site structure. Maybe he/she does not prefer to have anyone outside of the organization coming across as having any sense of representation of the company in forums. Point is, the more you have the more you have to loose.

The guy clearly stated that he did not want to provide the site particulars, so, leave him alone! :confused:

Give that guy a cookie! :rolleyes:

[quote name=‘TonyK’]Give that guy a cookie! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Ok then, www.walmart.com :wink:

[quote name=‘adodric’]It is a client of his. As any good developer, he is respecting the wishes of his client and will not share the url. I don’t see that as a big deal, there are other active cs cart forum members that do not share their business urls.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I have a non-cs cart client that does 2.8 million page views a month and they won’t let me release any information. We generally sign non-disclosure agreements with all of our larger clients.

• They are on 2.0.14 (heavily modded)
  • We are using the default cache. We are testing the sqllitle caching in dev but need to wait to post holiday to move to live.
  • Extensive use of features and filters.
  • 5,500 products, 500 categories
  • Site is live 4 months.
  • We clear cache once a day via cron.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Well, you can do anything with enough horsepower. I’m glad cs held up to things. But that’s a pretty beefy machine!

Would like to know:

• What’s the cs-cart version?
  • What type of registry caching do you use (backend cache)?
  • To what extent do you make use of filters and/or product features?
  • How many products and how many categories?
  • How long has the site been up and running?
  • How often do you clear the cache (if at all)?[/QUOTE]

I detailed what we did here

Hosting and Akamai is close to $2k monthly.

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]

What is the monthly pricing for hosting?

[SIZE=“3”]Could you tell us how you did to use a CDN with CS-Cart?[/SIZE]

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]