500 Internal Server Error

I have the following error on my site. I am able to access and use the front end of site, can place new orders and checkout - all seems fine. I am not able to login to the Admin panel. I get a 500 error.

I have not made any changes to server config and all was working fine on Friday.

On the advice of my ISP I have restored the database to Friday mornings backup when all was working fine. This did not help. I cannot login and clear cache so I have cleared it manually by deleting the files in the var/cache and var/compiled folders. This still has not eneabled me to login to the admin panel.

Please can someone help with what to try next??

Many thanks

Janine

[quote]

Internal Server Error

[color=#000000]

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.[/color][color=#000000]

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cleverlittlemonkey.co.za and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.[/color][color=#000000]

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.[/color] Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 Server at cleverlittlemonkey.co.za Port 80

[/quote]

[quote name=‘spikeadelika’ timestamp=‘1341168097’ post=‘139715’]

I have the following error on my site. I am able to access and use the front end of site, can place new orders and checkout - all seems fine. I am not able to login to the Admin panel. I get a 500 error.

I have not made any changes to server config and all was working fine on Friday.

On the advice of my ISP I have restored the database to Friday mornings backup when all was working fine. This did not help. I cannot login and clear cache so I have cleared it manually by deleting the files in the var/cache and var/compiled folders. This still has not eneabled me to login to the admin panel.

Please can someone help with what to try next??

Many thanks

Janine

[/quote]

Can you try it now Janine? ;-)

YUP all working now !

You must tell me what was wrong. And how it was resolved.

Thank you thank you thank you.

What was the resolution? I'm experiencing the same exact problem right now :S

Do you have the correct folders and files permission?

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1381241845' post='169372']

Do you have the correct folders and files permission?

[/quote]

Yes they are (Var, images, skins to 777, config.local.php to 666. I forgot to mention I'm on 2.2.4 MVE.an i realized the error message is nnot exactly the same. mine is

Request Timeout

[color=#000000]

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.[/color]

It's working fine now. It might be a server related issue. I'm waiting for my host's response