404 Redirect error message

About 5 hours ago I looked at my site and all was well.

45 minutes ago I checked and saw a generic CS cart 404 redirect error message.

I have not made any changes to my site today and all is well at my server other domains doing well and my email and internet connection are all fine.

The wildcard is that CS cart was working on my database and I am wondering what they may possibly have done to cause a problem?

My database problem was a small one where some relational links between customers were not working as in click on view all orders (from a customer account) and you see orders from the correct customer plus another.

My webhost Wired tree is checking my logs to see what thay can find although it is unlikely to be a problem on their end as all is well everywhere else.

Same problem here on 2.1.1 … my log is showing…

[Fri Sep 24 11:11:15 2010] [error] [client 24.57.200.7] File does not exist: /home/kayokoko/public_html/styles.base.css, referer: [url]http://www.kayokokoswimwear.com/[/url]

[Fri Sep 24 11:11:15 2010] [error] [client 24.57.200.7] File does not exist: /home/kayokoko/public_html/styles.css, referer: [url]http://www.kayokokoswimwear.com/[/url]

It seems to be an internal cart issue, as the database tables all have healthy indexes and the mysql error log is basically empty of new entries.

The apache log shows:

[24-Sep-2010 09:31:11] PHP Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /home/myname/public_html/addons/access_restrictions/func.php on line 207

I wonder what is on line 207?

OpenCart anyone?..LOL

What frustrates me is that this seems to be a CS cart error yet they do not respond at night or on weekends.

They should have one or two support staff there on the weekends.

I know that I personally take care of problems with our business 7 days a week.

I can’t wait several days to fix this problem so I will probably restore a backup from 24 hours ago when i did not have this problem

[QUOTE]They should have one or two support staff there on the weekends.

I know that I personally take care of problems with our business 7 days a week.[/QUOTE]

They should also have a software engineer ready & strapped into the cockpit of their corporate jet so that as soon as you call the hotline he can ignite the engines and make a direct flight to wherever your pc is to fix the problem which no doubt is a bug in the program. Maybe then you would be happy! :smiley:

LOL

and they should lower their prices too, to 19.95 per license.

please make sure tray tables are in their full upright and locked position!:rolleyes:

You have access restrictions on, turn that addon OFF and retest.

Did you block your own IP? lol

[quote name=‘Struck’]They should also have a software engineer ready & strapped into the cockpit of their corporate jet so that as soon as you call the hotline he can ignite the engines and make a direct flight to wherever your pc is to fix the problem which no doubt is a bug in the program. Maybe then you would be happy! :D[/QUOTE]

Struck,

I fail to see the humor in being up most of a night trying to fix what is - 99% the fault of a CS cart support technician. Maybe that is funny to you but not me

As for visiting my PC there is nothing wrong with my PC or internet connection. This problem happened after a CS cart support tech tried to fix another problem which I was happy to pay him to do. Note for the record he did not fix the problem and made a number of other errors.

Having some sort of “PC Anywhere” software support would be a good idea.

[quote name=‘TonyK’]You have access restrictions on, turn that addon OFF and retest.

Did you block your own IP? lol[/quote]

TonyK,

I have a fixed IP and I do not do anything that should trigger a site block did CS cart do it? I do not know.

Note Going in through C panel the site access addon was turned of and it did not help. Thank you for the suggestion

Personally my experience with CS cart support and modifications is that they tend to work quickly and then ask you to test and more likely than not they do not finish their work or make errors that the customer has to find.

As for lowering the price - no I think that they should raise the price to allow for proper quality control that way we would not have so many bugs and problems.

In the end I had to restore a backup to fix the problem at least for now. Hopefully I did not lose too much money.

[QUOTE]This problem happened after a CS cart support tech tried to fix another problem which I was happy to pay him to do. Note for the record he did not fix the problem and made a number of other errors.[/QUOTE]

Alright Traveler, I understand your frustration, sorry, just had to mess with you a bit! :wink:

It is too bad you cannot find someone a bit more local to help you out with these type of situations when they occur.

On a side note, and hindsight is 20/20, if it were me, (& especially if my livelyhood depended on it), I would download my entire store folder and also database to my local pc as a security backup before I would ever let any outsider have access. You can download all of this in most likely a matter of minutes & quickly re-upload if a disaster like this were to occur. Point being I would not rely solely on my webhost as a disaster recovery.

You should do a database Diff to see what is different between the 2 databases.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Alright Traveler, I understand your frustration, sorry, just had to mess with you a bit! :wink:

It is too bad you cannot find someone a bit more local to help you out with these type of situations when they occur.

On a side note, and hindsight is 20/20, if it were me, (& especially if my livelyhood depended on it), I would download my entire store folder and also database to my local pc as a security backup before I would ever let any outsider have access. You can download all of this in most likely a matter of minutes & quickly re-upload if a disaster like this were to occur. Point being I would not rely solely on my webhost as a disaster recovery.[/QUOTE]

Good point - at times I do a local backup from Cpanel and Ii have an external Seagate driive to backup my backup.

I must say using a R1 backup is very user friendly. I think think the default is every 24 hours for 5 days, I also have cpanel backups which are done automatically.

As for help Wiredtree is 24 hours a day toll free and Snorocket was available by phone and email with lots of ideas for what to do if the restoration did not work.

Sno is simply great not just because he is good at CS cart but because he really cares - the fact that he is a native speaker of English helps also - smiling.

The problem with problems is that they do not always happen M-F 8-5.

[quote name=‘TonyK’]You should do a database Diff to see what is different between the 2 databases.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if I still have the database as I restored the 24 hour version of my site but your idea is a good one.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]I am not sure if I still have the database as I restored the 24 hour version of my site but your idea is a good one.[/quote]

You don’t necessarily need a 24 hour copy.

Just compare against a vanilla 2.0.x database and compare from that (be forewarned about modules!)

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]You don’t necessarily need a 24 hour copy.

Just compare against a vanilla 2.0.x database and compare from that (be forewarned about modules!)[/quote]

Jesse,

Currently my restored site is fine and would I assume match a basic version excluding a few simple modifications.

So wouldn’t I need a version of my site from (just before when the problem happened) 24 hours ago that had a problem for the comparison?

I think you would want to compare the DB after the tech touched it versus a working copy you have now.

Or simply ask him what changes he made, all files and db tables, then apply those to a test copy of your store and play around with it.

[quote name=‘TonyK’]I think you would want to compare the DB after the tech touched it versus a working copy you have now.

Or simply ask him what changes he made, all files and db tables, then apply those to a test copy of your store and play around with it.[/quote]

Sounds good thank you.

On the bright side hopefully he will be super careful now.

If you want a good laugh here is what CS cart said is the cause of my database link problem (which started this all)

Either you as an administrator went in to each of your customers accounts that has a problem and typed in the wrong email address or your customers know each other and typed in the wrong email address.

Note, wrong email address does not mean a typo, the support tech is saying that my customers somehow know each others addresses and are typing in the someone else’s address or that I am doing this.

Just when I am starting to think that CS cart is improving they come up with utter nonsense like the above.

For the record my customers do not know each other except for the occasional gift purchase and gift orders are not part of this issue, and even then to date I have never seen someone else’s email address by error on an original order - I have seen typos in email address but not the wrong email address as in another customers.

And I certainly do not go into my customers accounts and start changing around email addresses unless it is an update at customer request - which is both rare and does not create a problem.

I have asked for management to review the tech’s work hopefully the guy is brand new and someone with more experience will fix the issue.