403 Forbidden

What was the result of reviewing the domlog (Apache) for your store?

What does your hosting company say?

Hosting company says that there is no issue from there

I have no ideas. Contact CS-Cart support team. Possibly they will help you.

the issue not solved yet...please help....in cart page when user want to change the options of the product its says the same error. but this time debugger shows that "you don't have permissions to access /index.php in this server"...

The whole site is work perfectly but 2 things when edit in block options and in cart pages have the problem...please help some points

Yes, helpdesk is best option in this case.

But it certaily sounds like an Apache issue or a mod_security issue.

Please review the knowledge base about mod_security and pass that along to your host to verify for you.

Also, if you have any 3rd party addons, disable them and see if problem goes away. If so, enable them one-by-one until problem exists and then contact that vendor with details of how to reproduce.

If you believe this problem to be intermittent (sometimes happens, sometimes not) then it's more than likely a network or hosting related issue.

Hosting company says that

the permission of index.php.

-rw-r--r-- 1 h 767 index.php

The owner of the file is your cpanel user and permissions seem to be as they should be.

please help me what should i reply to them?

In browsers debugger it says that "Network error"

"NetworkError: 403 Forbidden -

I would ask your hosting to review your Apache logs and identify exactly what's causing the generic 403 response. It could be that whatever plan you are on, you are using more resources than allowed (this is a guess). Your hosting provider is the only one who's going to be able to help you diagnose this. You said they'd done this and there were no issues.

If you're getting a 403, then the domlog would certainly show it and probably more reason why.

It happened to me when I had experienced problem during upgrade and CS-Cart installation was broken, it was simply missing several files and kept giving 403. There are times if the .htaccess file is not configured properly, 404 or 500 error can trigger another error it might look like 403 on the outlook but actually it is something else so you should definitely try to get your error log for apache.

In my case, I ended up copying /app/ folder from CS-Cart zip file. You can rename your existing app folder to app-backup and upload app folder from CS-Cart zip file for your version and see if the error goes away. If it doesn't, you can simply delete new app folder and rename app-backup back to app.

If not already suggested, perhaps this is a Mod Security issue. Try disabling Mod_security module on the server temporarily.

Depending on your server, it can usually be disabled by adding the following to the .htaccess file.

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

Remember to comment it out once finished.

note that when mod security is enabled on our shared server, it does not show in phpinfo.

We know its enabled because we can easily trigger the blacklisted rules when adding content. Turning it off temporarily while adding content within admin dodges the issue.