$40 for $20 discount

I am working on an offering for a gift guide. I want to sell a coupon for $20 and when the customer redeems it, they get $40 off their purchase. I have it set up in promotions but have to set up a way for the customer to purchase. What is the best way to do this? Would I set up a product?

Hmm… A guess here. But since there's no other reply yet. How about Gift Certificate that has a coupon tied to it. I.e. sell a $20 gift certificate that has a $20-off coupon associated with it so the total is $40 off?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319003842' post='124028']

Hmm… A guess here. But since there's no other reply yet. How about Gift Certificate that has a coupon tied to it. I.e. sell a $20 gift certificate that has a $20-off coupon associated with it so the total is $40 off?

[/quote]

I looked at the gift cert and I also looked at promotions but I can't figure out how to tie them together. Any suggestions?

I think you can issue a gift certificate with a coupon… But I'm not sure since I don't use it and digging through the code to figure it out is way too much work. Hopefully someone else with experience in Gift Certs can advise.