4.15.1 Upgrade stuck on Execute "restore" validator issue

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to update my cart from 4.14.3 to 4.15.1 and am coming accross this issue.
The install/update hangs on ‘Execute “restore” validator’

After checking the core_log.txt file the last 2 lines are as follows.

2022-12-15 13:54:32: Executing pre-upgrade script “/public_html/store/var/upgrade/packages/core/content/scripts/pre_script.php”
2022-12-15 13:54:33: PHP Compile Error: Cannot declare class Smarty_Data, because the name is already in use in /public_html/store/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_data.php on line 68.

When i check line 68 in the smarty_data.php file it is just a ’ } '.
Please help.

Hello!

It looks like that some time ago, you have already upgraded your installation to 4.15.1 but then restored the backup. In 4.15.1, there was the smarty library updated, so files of updated library have mixed up with the previous version, causing this issue. I can recommend you to completely replace the contains of the app/lib/vendor/smarty folder with the ones from 4.14.3 distributive and then try again.

If it doesn’t help, please contact us on this case via Help Desk, so we can help you with the upgrade.

1 Like

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick reply.
Where can i download the 4.14.3 version. I no longer have the file locally on my PC.

Old versions can be requested at their HelpDesk

1 Like

Hello,

This solution fixed my issue - thank you very much again CS Cart Team for the quick reply and suggestions.
I replaced the content of the Smarty folder as suggested and the upgrade went without any problems.

Thank you again.

1 Like