4.1.3 Upgrade Website Load Issue

the upgrade went smooth; however when testing my storefront, the page would not load and just timeout.

The erorr I'm getting is the following

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Revertng the upgrade back to 4.12 was successful and storefront now works.

Anyone else or solution?? before I open up a ticket or bug report

Maybe the check the rewrite rules on the .htaccess file in the root?

Solved!!

thanks for the suggestion.

Apparently the update does not update the htaccess file to conform to the new features of 4.1.3. I had to do a clean install in a sub and copy the htaccess file and update where needed.

The other issue I found… there is a tick box in (general / stores/ storefront ) that redirects the site based on country. I never used this feature before and had country restriction from v3.xx. Apparently this is something that carried over as an enhancement in 4.xx.

I basically had to select the countries that I wanted to have access, then all worked. This must have been an undocumented change log update. I let the helpdesk know of issue in my ticket.

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

[quote name='carterj' timestamp='1395620395' post='179961']

Solved!!

thanks for the suggestion.

Apparently the update does not update the htaccess file to conform to the new features of 4.1.3. I had to do a clean install in a sub and copy the htaccess file and update where needed.

The other issue I found… there is a tick box in (general / stores/ storefront ) that redirects the site based on country. I never used this feature before and had country restriction from v3.xx. Apparently this is something that carried over as an enhancement in 4.xx.

I basically had to select the countries that I wanted to have access, then all worked. This must have been an undocumented change log update. I let the helpdesk know of issue in my ticket.

[/quote]

It normally updates the htacces

Warning! If you remove the backup files, you will not be able to restore your previous CS-Cart installation. Ensure that the installed CS-Cart is working properly, and the backup database files are in a safe place.

Contenu du paquet

Fichier

[size=5]htaccess[/size] db_data.sql db_lang_de.sql db_lang_en.sql db_lang_it.sql