3 for £20 (Mix and match)

Hi guys,

I've been trying to set up a 3 for £20 offer in CS-Cart that applies only to certain products or a certain category of products, but unfortunately I've not been able to do this. The best I can do is create a promotion whereby a customer can add any three products to the shopping cart, and the relevant items get discounted to £6.66 (a third of the 3 for £20 price). If someone adds three of the items, it comes our at £19.98 (which is close enough) but if they take one of these promotional products out of the cart and add something else, the promotion still stays active on the remaining 2 promotional products.

Can anyone advise the best way to proceed with this? Is it even possible in CS-Cart?

have you tried in your promotion using the NOT IN category section,

Thanks

John

Would I need to select every category except the promotion one? Would that prevent it from working if someone bought three promotional items (correct) and also something from a different categroy?

I think I need 3rd party code for this.

not sure without trying,. give it a go and see what you get

It didn’t work sadly - by selecting “not in” categories, the promotion is cancelled as soon as you add any non-qualifying products to the basket, even if you have the correct number of promotional items :(.