2010: D-day for the Internet as it hits "full capacity"?

This may or may not concern some of you.

[URL]http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/90339[/URL]

I only hope this just means AT&T’s Internet service will be gone. Not the whole of the Internet.

well they are spending 19 billion to upgrade it so i doubt it will reach it’s capacity

even though currently their service sucks and they have it limited

At the risk of sounding like a lib, this is typical corporate / government stuff. Create, say, or pretend that there is a shortage of something so that they can charge a premium for their services.

I hate it when companies pretend that there is a shortage of something to just raise the rates. Why can’t they just come out and say they want to make more profit and so they are raising rates. The companies have as much right to make whatever profit they want from the internet as I do selling aquarium supplies so if they want to make a few extra dollars it would be nice if they could at least be honest about it.

This is the same type of thing as the price of gas. Exxon said that they had to raise the prices because of the cost per barrel of crude while at the same time they were making record profits. While I hate paying more at the pump it would be nice if instead of blaming the cost per barrel the CEO of Exxon could just say that he wanted a new yacht last year and that is why they rose the price.

Anyways I guess that is my small rant / feeling on this. If this offends anyone, sorry, and if it offends any of the moderators than just delete this post.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]At the risk of sounding like a lib, this is typical corporate / government stuff. Create, say, or pretend that there is a shortage of something so that they can charge a premium for their services.

I hate it when companies pretend that there is a shortage of something to just raise the rates. Why can’t they just come out and say they want to make more profit and so they are raising rates. The companies have as much right to make whatever profit they want from the internet as I do selling aquarium supplies so if they want to make a few extra dollars it would be nice if they could at least be honest about it.

This is the same type of thing as the price of gas. Exxon said that they had to raise the prices because of the cost per barrel of crude while at the same time they were making record profits. While I hate paying more at the pump it would be nice if instead of blaming the cost per barrel the CEO of Exxon could just say that he wanted a new yacht last year and that is why they rose the price.

Anyways I guess that is my small rant / feeling on this. If this offends anyone, sorry, and if it offends any of the moderators than just delete this post.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

VERY TRUE! Well Put brandon :wink: