2.2.5 - 4.0.2 Store import fails

Hi

We have recently had several attempts at upgrading unsuccessfully.

We install 4.0.2 in a sub folder and create database etc, this all goes as we would expect. When we do the “Store Import” it starts ok and runs for a little while then just stops and we are back at the import store screen again. If we click import it just does the same again.

We have looked in the database and it appears that all tables have been duplicated with suffix “store_import” and the tables seem to have all the data in them.

We have done complete installs and deleted everything several times but always get stuck at this point!

We are currently on 2.2.5 and going to 4.0.2.

Any ideas please?

Barry

Have you tried what everyone else has had to do?

memory_limit > 512

max_execution_time > 0

mysql.connect_timeout > 0

Also on the bottom of the knowledge base page… I had to use the optional general.php and mysqli.php files… Once I uploaded these files it worked… Still took about 15 minutes…

Found here:[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1382402593' post='170100']

memory_limit > 512

max_execution_time > 0

Also on the bottom of the knowledge base page…Â Â I had to use the optional general.php and mysqli.php files… Once I uploaded these files it worked… Still took about 15 minutes…

Found here:[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[/quote]

Hi Many thanks for response, I misunderstood the bit about “general.php” and thought the down load I had of 4.0.2 already had them in place, didn't realise they were different files to copy. My mistake, will try later and post my result!Thanks again for your help.Barry

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1382402593' post='170100'] Have you tried what everyone else has had to do? memory_limit > 512 max_execution_time > 0 mysql.connect_timeout > 0 Also on the bottom of the knowledge base page… I had to use the optional general.php and mysqli.php files… Once I uploaded these files it worked… Still took about 15 minutes… Found here:[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation [/quote]

Hi down loaded files and installed as instructed, goes much furthe but stall at “upgrading to 401”

Where do I make the memory_limit etc changes?

Thanks Barry

Hi

After a good 5 or 6 attempts I manage to get installed and store imported, I copied the two file mentioned, but did not make the changes to memory_limit etc.

I think the failures were possibly just down to how busy the server was, anyway it's up and running so will now have to get ready to roll out live.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks

Barry

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1382555651' post='170232']

Hi

After a good 5 or 6 attempts I manage to get installed and store imported, I copied the two file mentioned, but did not make the changes to memory_limit etc.

I think the failures were possibly just down to how busy the server was, anyway it's up and running so will now have to get ready to roll out live.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks

Barry

[/quote]

I would wait until the next release if I were you, 4.0.2 is not ready to go live or at least not if you imported. many many bugs to fix, take your time and work on the design and things and keep your 2.2.5 store running for now.

Joe

[quote name='gasngrills' timestamp='1382565381' post='170247']

I would wait until the next release if I were you, 4.0.2 is not ready to go live or at least not if you imported. many many bugs to fix, take your time and work on the design and things and keep your 2.2.5 store running for now.

Joe

[/quote]

Hi Joe

Hmmm that's interesting, have now seen a few comments along those lines. So think I might just wait a little longer.

Thanks

Barry

memory_limit > 512
max_execution_time > 0

Hello,

Please could you tell me in witch file you write those instructions ?

Thanks,

Eric LM