2.1 Suppliers Addon - Issues

Not sure if anyone else has come across these issues with upgrading to the latest version 2.1 but i found the following issues.

1. You are unable to disable display of the supplier information in the storefront

(this is stated in the new 2.1 documentation but appears to not exist)

2. The notify Supplier option is now removed or missing which means every order placed through a suppliers product will get emailed with an order even if you don’t want it to.

Im currently waiting for feedback back from CS-Cart about this but if anyone knows the solution please feel free to share :slight_smile:

For the Show Supplier Information, it appears to be under Admin/Settings/Suppliers. Still haven’t found the Notify Suppliers check box. I don’t want my suppliers notified!

Carol

OK. I am really confused and frustrated now.

I see that supplier can be defined when setting up a product. What I cannot figure out how to do is to setup a block or similar to search by supplier (ie filter).

I also notice that the products in the storefront do not show the supplier name?

This is very important to me. I have confirmed that all options are “ticked” in the Admin-Settings-Suppliers section.

[QUOTE]I also notice that the products in the storefront do not show the supplier name?[/QUOTE]

Admin>Design>Appearance>Suppliers…tick “Display product supplier company” select box!

[quote name=‘troyconstandakis’]OK. I am really confused and frustrated now.

I see that supplier can be defined when setting up a product. What I cannot figure out how to do is to setup a block or similar to search by supplier (ie filter).[/QUOTE]

Admin>Catalog>Product Feature>Add Feature ie suppliers with text box save then add suppliers to list.

Admin>Product Filters>Add Filter Select suppliers

DONE!

Thanks Barry. That worked. Weird that you have to add another supplier field.

Does anybody have an idea as to how I could use the main search bar to search by supplier as well (SEE ATTACHED)

At the moment, you can filter by category. It would also be nice if next to that option, you could also filter by supplier.

Please guru’s out there. Help me!

Thanks

search.png

[quote name=‘troyconstandakis’]Thanks Barry. That worked. Weird that you have to add another supplier field.

Does anybody have an idea as to how I could use the main search bar to search by supplier as well (SEE ATTACHED)

At the moment, you can filter by category. It would also be nice if next to that option, you could also filter by supplier.

Please guru’s out there. Help me!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you use Manufacturer instead of Supplier then you can add a side block

Block content>Product Filters

Filling>Dynamic

Returns…

Price Ranges and Manufacturers. This is filtered as you move through Categories and Sub-Categories!!!

Hi Barry,

Not quite sure what you mean here. Cannot seem to find manufacturers anywhere.

Returns?

Please spell it out for me …lol

Thanks

Ive just been testing out 2.1.0 for a new site, and “Suppliers” is not listed under “Addons” ! I cant enable or install it because it just isnt listed there!

Has the Suppliers Addon been moved elsewhere, and now operating differently or should it be there (ie something wrong with my 2.1 install)?

Help appreciated.

[quote name=‘remoteone’]Ive just been testing out 2.1.0 for a new site, and “Suppliers” is not listed under “Addons” ! I cant enable or install it because it just isnt listed there!

Has the Suppliers Addon been moved elsewhere, and now operating differently or should it be there (ie something wrong with my 2.1 install)?

Help appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Suppliers was moved in 2.1

Administration > Settings > Suppliers

I attached a screen shot as well.

cscart21suppliers.jpg

Cool, That makes sense, I guess theres a few other things moved also, I’ll need to think laterally!

[quote name=‘troyconstandakis’]Hi Barry,

Not quite sure what you mean here. Cannot seem to find manufacturers anywhere.

Returns?

Please spell it out for me …lol

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry about delay try this link to demo site…

[url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

Returns… (meant, this is what you get)

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Sorry about delay try this link to demo site…

[URL]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

Returns… (meant, this is what you get)[/quote]

We have an automotive shop. We desperately need to have the “Shop by Manufacturer” capability and the Features/Filter method is really a crappy solution compared to the drop down list method of older CS versions because now all the filters are in one side box and display and share the same formatting as far as I can see. If we are forced to use this “Solution” We need the ability to set up Multiple Side Boxes with each one showing a particular set of features/filters. Example:

Side Box 1: Manufacturer

Side box 2: Year, Make, and Model

Side Box 3: Engine Size, Fuel Type, Transmission

Side Box 4: Bed Length, Cab Configuration, 2WD/4WD

Etc, Etc, Etc.

This way, we should be able to have certain side boxes display for certain categories where they are not applicable. For example, we wouldn’t display Engine size on a Floor mat Category or Color, Size, Length on non-clothing items.

Anyone have any work-arounds or willing to go in with me to get them to make an add-on for this?

Also, anyone have a suggestion for an easy way to import features for items? The crazy strings of text that CS embeds all the features in are very cumbersome to work with. Wouldn’t it be great if they used INDIVIDUAL COLUMNS in an import/export spreadsheet for each feature and just listed the variants for that particular feature in that particular column? Dare to dream. Would love to see that change and would love to see if anyone wants to help pay for it!

[quote name=‘Dialdin’]We have an automotive shop. We desperately need to have the “Shop by Manufacturer” capability and the Features/Filter method is really a crappy solution compared to the drop down list method of older CS versions because now all the filters are in one side box and display and share the same formatting as far as I can see. If we are forced to use this “Solution” We need the ability to set up Multiple Side Boxes with each one showing a particular set of features/filters. Example:

Side Box 1: Manufacturer

Side box 2: Year, Make, and Model

Side Box 3: Engine Size, Fuel Type, Transmission

Side Box 4: Bed Length, Cab Configuration, 2WD/4WD

Etc, Etc, Etc.

This way, we should be able to have certain side boxes display for certain categories where they are not applicable. For example, we wouldn’t display Engine size on a Floor mat Category or Color, Size, Length on non-clothing items.

Anyone have any work-arounds or willing to go in with me to get them to make an add-on for this?

Also, anyone have a suggestion for an easy way to import features for items? The crazy strings of text that CS embeds all the features in are very cumbersome to work with. Wouldn’t it be great if they used INDIVIDUAL COLUMNS in an import/export spreadsheet for each feature and just listed the variants for that particular feature in that particular column? Dare to dream. Would love to see that change and would love to see if anyone wants to help pay for it![/QUOTE]

I know you have tried the filters, but if set up correctly they will only appear on the appropriate products/categories.

You can achieve this by creating “Product Features” for example…

Manufacturer filter 1

Year, Make, and Model filter2…and so on.

In each product allocate the appropriate “Product Features”.

Create “Product Filters” based on the “Product Features” and then have them in a side box, called for example “Shopping Options”.

Side Box Admin>Design>Blocks>Add New…

Content: Product filters

Filling: dynamic

Appearance: blocks/product_filters.tpl

Wrapper: blocks/wrappers/sidebox_general.tpl

You will get one side box split up by how ever many filters you have.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]I know you have tried the filters, but if set up correctly they will only appear on the appropriate products/categories.

You can achieve this by creating “Product Features” for example…

Manufacturer filter 1

Year, Make, and Model filter2…and so on.

In each product allocate the appropriate “Product Features”.

Create “Product Filters” based on the “Product Features” and then have them in a side box, called for example “Shopping Options”.

Side Box Admin>Design>Blocks>Add New…

Content: Product filters

Filling: dynamic

Appearance: blocks/product_filters.tpl

Wrapper: blocks/wrappers/sidebox_general.tpl

You will get one side box split up by how ever many filters you have.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply. We did exactly this but it still does not behave in the same fashion as the old manufacturer drop down with a few very important differences that make it almost useless:

1. The manufacturer filters are not shown in a drop down box, they have the same formatting as the rest of the filters. May not seem important but we are adding hundreds of manufacturers which will make the side list unmanageable unless the customer can use a “scrollable” drop down list.
  2. The filters are not shown on the “Catalog Page” and although this is probably an easy fix for someone that knows what code to change, it is still a drawback. We want the customer to be able to shop by filter from ANYWHERE in the site just like they can by category.
  3. As far as I can tell, the filter method does NOT give us the option to create a “Landing Page” for each manufacturer with its own description and image at the top of all the product display like the old version used to. This is VERY critical functionality and was one of the things we used to select CS Cart when evaluating various carts… then they got rid of it before we actually switched and we didn’t know it because the demo store still had that feature! Many manufacturers REQUIRE this or they won’t give you the all important link on their website. Heck, most of the demo stores I still look at for add-ons still have that functionality. I am almost to the point that if I can’t get it back I am going to have to switch carts AGAIN! Even cheesola CRE Loaded has this capability OUT OF THE BOX!!!
  4. If the search by manufacturers was implemented like it used to be then we could set up filters that were specific to each manufacturer and only showed up when that manufacturer was the one being displayed… much like you can now with categories… but the worst part is that if we use the filter method to display the manufacturer, we lose the “landing page” functionality AND the ability to more precisely limit which filters are shown when required.
  5. And finally, did you see my post about the way that CS requires features to be imported in the CSV? That cryptic mess is horrendous and really makes it an unattractive proposition when a product has lots of features. We did up a sample product with all the features that we wanted and the resulting string that was necessary to create for the 1500 other products from that manufacturer was just unmanageable. The Features should each occupy their own column in the CSV and the variants should be simple values separated by commas or some other simple character.

I would appreciate your input… and the rest of the community.