2.1.2 clean install & need to apply bug fixes

I started my work on 2.1.1 and out came 2.1.2.

So, I’ve decided to start with a fresh 2.1.2 install instead of ugrading.

All seems to going ok with 2.1.2 for now.

I am wondering what the future implications will be of not appying bugs fixes that thave been posted as part of 2.1.1 upgrade/fix and what impact may it have when the time comes to go to 2.1.3.

Questions are:

1. If I’ve done a clean 2.1.2 install, do I need to apply any of the bugs fixes given I am not upgrading?

2. If I don’t apply the bug fixes to 2.1.2 will this in any way stuff up when the times comes to upgrade from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3?

thanks

A bug reported against a version does not necessarily identify what version the fix will be released in. There is no correlation between the changelog and the bugtracker so you sometimes have to guess. Once the status gets changed to “fixed in next release” then if the release has not been pulled yet, you can assume it till be there.

I have not idea what you mean by “stuff up”.

If you have coding ability, then you can see whether the fixes are in fact applied when reviewing the differences between files when upgrading. When you do a fresh install, you loose that ability.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]A bug reported against a version does not necessarily identify what version the fix will be released in. There is no correlation between the changelog and the bugtracker so you sometimes have to guess. Once the status gets changed to “fixed in next release” then if the release has not been pulled yet, you can assume it till be there.

I have not idea what you mean by “stuff up”.

If you have coding ability, then you can see whether the fixes are in fact applied when reviewing the differences between files when upgrading. When you do a fresh install, you loose that ability.[/QUOTE]

Hi tbirnseth,

My use of of ‘stuff up’ was referring to the ‘likehood of having upgrade issues’ from 2.1.2 onwards if I didn’t make some things that have been reported and fixed as part of 2.1.1 upgrade.But I think you have clarified that…thanks.:slight_smile:

Moving forward I intend on doing upgrade and wouldn’t be doing a fresh install, however, on this occassion as I am not yet live, I thought this might be a better and safer option.

My coding skills is low, however, I must admit I have picked a few things along the way thanks to this forum and to members like yourself.