2.1.1 Install Error

I have uploaded 2.1.1 to do a clean install and all I get is a 500 Internal Server Error.

I have downloaded the package twice and uploaded the files twice, set the permissions but all no good.

[quote name=‘ibaker’]I have uploaded 2.1.1 to do a clean install and all I get is a 500 Internal Server Error.

I have downloaded the package twice and uploaded the files twice, set the permissions but all no good.[/quote]

That might be only:

1. wrong file permissions of CS-Cart files
  2. wrong .htaccess file
  3. general a server error (contact your hosting provider)

Thanks Indy

1. wrong file permissions of CS-Cart files
  • File permissions checked as per the instructions:

config.local.php - 666

catalog, images, skins & var - all files and folders 777

1. wrong .htaccess file

Default htaccess file with one change:

CS-cart is installed in root/shop so the base url is RewriteBase /shop

2. general a server error (contact your hosting provider)

Have no problem with CS-cart 2.0.12 with one exception. I use php 5.3.3 so I had to use the fix at:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1609[/url]

for my v2.0.12 live site

When do you get this ‘500 Internal Server Error’ message?

Make and upload a blank ‘index.html’ file and rename the .htaccess file to ‘.htaccess.bak’ and reload the site.

I have tried to install it in different scenarios now…in the root, on different domain with nothing else on it that I use for development and all have failed.

Going to install I get the licence page, I click ok and then I get the 500 internal server error on the next step.

My guess is that it may have something to do with the latest version of php which I use (PHP v5.3.3)…if it is then it means CS-Cart v2.1.1 has some old functions in it. I noticed that in the config.local.php there is this line:

// Disable notices displaying
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.0', '>=')) {
error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_DEPRECATED);
}

Not sure if that means anything

Are you sure that your server is not running PHP in suPHP or CGI/FastCGI modes?

both 666 and 777 permissions will cause errors on each and prevent any chance of a successful upgrade if used.

It also doesn’t help that CS-Cart developers try to force these permisions to be set in config.local.php

// Default permissions for newly created files and directories

define(‘DEFAULT_FILE_PERMISSIONS’, 0666);

define(‘DEFAULT_DIR_PERMISSIONS’, 0777);

if you are running su or CGI then change those variables to 644 and 755 as well as all other files/directories.

Also check that your database does not contain a mixture of collations because that has also been causing client upgrading problems. I have a script that can help you repair that if required.

Here is a link to the php info:

[url]http://www.recreationalflying.net/shop/phpinfo.php[/url]

[quote name=‘ibaker’]Here is a link to the php info:

[url]http://www.recreationalflying.net/shop/phpinfo.php[/url][/QUOTE]

Your Php info file states that you are using fastcgi. change the permissions as s-Combs mentioned above.

Thanks mate…

I have changed the config.local.php to force 644 and 755

Now when he says:

“if you are running su or CGI then change those variables to 644 and 755 as well as all other files/directories.” what is meant by “all other files/directories”?

All files have to be set to 644 and all directories to 755. That means all files and directories, not as mentionted in the CS-Cart installation manual.

This has nothihng to do with your issue but do not leave that phpinfo.php file there too long.

Removed php file

To make sure I can get everything working properly before I even consider changing my live site I have uploaded all 2.1.1 files to a spare domain on the same server (it is a virtual dedicated server so all php etc details are the same with my live 2.0.12 site) www.mydomain.com.au/shop

I changed all permissions - files to 644 and folders to 755

I changed config.local.php to 666 (also tried 644)

I edited the config.local.php where it forces the permissions to 644 and 755

Still the same problem…go to install, click “I accept the licence”, click next and get the 500 Internal Server Error msg.

Looks like it is fixed…I got my host to revert back to PHP v 5.2.14 and it works.

Looks like whilst CS-Cart says any PHP version 5.1 and above, it will not work on 5.3.3 at least which means there must be some old functions in CS-cart

[quote name=‘ibaker’]Looks like it is fixed…I got my host to revert back to PHP v 5.2.14 and it works.

Looks like whilst CS-Cart says any PHP version 5.1 and above, it will not work on 5.3.3 at least which means there must be some old functions in CS-cart[/quote]

Hi, then I would post your issue in the bug tracker [url]CS-Cart Community Forums

Bug report submitted:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=2204[/url]