2.0.8 to 2.0.9 Failure

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]This is such. BULL SH**… Everytime we try to upgrade there is some issue.

We upgraded and the store came up but with no Categories at all. All my Categories where there in the admin side and listed visible.

Could not get them to show up. So we reverted back to 2.08. BIG MISTAKE. Now getting all kinds of errors.

Last time this happen it took me 2 full days to manually recover.

Now my store is down.

Cant get to the store or admin.

When trying to goto the admin we now get

www.cutritefx.com/admin

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/core/fn.init.php on line 184

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/core/fn.init.php:184) in /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/core/fn.init.php on line 396

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fn_get_usergroups() in /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/controllers/admin/index.php on line 60[/quote]

Yes, I think it is better to have still a old version installed on the local machine to check new upgrades.

Currently unpacking the full 2.09 and going to try to install a fresh one and import the 2.08 database. Hope this works.

seems it all has to do with there new user group permissions …

i made the payment method work … but i had to disable the old paypal

payment method and recreate a new one … once you select the user groups they are not changeable …

im reverting and awaiting a fix …

way to many bugs…

this is why they should have beta testers for the upgrade process …

to avoid this type stuff …

[quote name=‘indy0077’]If a click a product on, I get still for every product this error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/shop/core/fn.catalog.php on line 39

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/shop/core/fn.catalog.php on line 106

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/shop/core/fn.catalog.php on line 3072

As next if I go checkout, it says:

There are no available payment methods, so you cannot proceed to checkout.But I have payment methods enabled.

Bye[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Yes, I think it is better to have still a old version installed on the local machine to check new upgrades.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, we will never upgrade again on a live server.

:slight_smile:

I think we should all post a bug in bug tracker …

( not many posting in there )

seems the developers do not look at the forum very much …

but im sure they get emails each time a new bug is posted …

maybe they get the message sooner…:mrgreen:

[quote name=‘teksigns’]this is why they should have beta testers for the upgrade process …

to avoid this type stuff …[/QUOTE]

Agreed about beta testers for the upgrade process. Even if the code is solid, there cannot possibly test for the many varied server environments.

I am disappointed. As much as I want some of the new features, I was hoping they would take the time to get this right. Especially considering we are moving into the holiday sales season.

Bob

[quote name=‘teksigns’]I think we should all post a bug in bug tracker …

maybe they get the message sooner…:mrgreen:[/quote]

Yes, start it right now.

[quote name=‘teksigns’]I think we should all post a bug in bug tracker …

maybe they get the message sooner…:mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

I’ve been advocating that people post all their bugs and feature requests in the Bug Tracker for ages. This improves visibility for both the developers and customers. However, don’t start new posts for existing problems as this will just have them wasting time marking them as duplicates - PILE YOUR COMMENTS ONTO THE ORIGINAL BUG REPORT.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I’ve been advocating that people post all their bugs and feature requests in the Bug Tracker for ages. This improves visibility for both the developers and customers. However, don’t start new posts for existing problems as this will just have them wasting time marking them as duplicates - PILE YOUR COMMENTS ONTO THE ORIGINAL BUG REPORT.

Bob[/quote]

Hi,

can you provide the bug report url here?

Thanks

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Hi,

can you provide the bug report url here?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

the only one i see is :

[URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1315”]

http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1315[/URL]

i would like to know what php version are you running …

just curious as to if that may be the problem ,

if you goto your admin and click

administration > database >php information

that should show your version …

i curious as to what the people that have a working version have

and what the people with the broken upgrade have in common …

i had the same problem, no Categories, no products…

Make the following: Admin - Design - Skins

Choose a new skin - save. Now it should work.

You can choose your old skin. Hope it helps.

My new Shop 2.0.9 is online with all products

Frank

[quote name=‘minioffice’]i had the same problem, no Categories, no products…

Make the following: Admin - Design - Skins

Choose a new skin - save. Now it should work.

You can choose your old skin. Hope it helps.

My new Shop 2.0.9 is online with all products

Frank[/QUOTE]

we had the same problem as pretty much everyone here. no products, no categories, no boxes.

all we did was close the store. then reopen it. then make sure you are signed out of your account when you view your site from the front end, or view it from another computer.

this worked worked fine. we had no issues where we had to create a whole new skin. Please try this before going to create a whole new skin.

[quote name=‘unique2’]we had the same problem as pretty much everyone here. no products, no categories, no boxes.

all we did was close the store. then reopen it. then make sure you are signed out of your account when you view your site from the front end, or view it from another computer.

this worked worked fine. we had no issues where we had to create a whole new skin. Please try this before going to create a whole new skin.[/QUOTE]

This is true. As soon as I logged out everything reappeared. Now even if I log back in everything works fine. I don’t understand it, but it works.

Brandon

You are correct SIR…

there is a major bug in the Cookie code …

I would advise that no one upgrade to 2.09 untill they take care of this …

here is why:

if your logged into the cart side and stored your login in a cookie .

and then login to the admin and perform the upgrade

you will not be able to see the products or cats.

you must logout of the cart side before you will be able to see the products …

im assuming this is because that have changed something in what cs-cart expects to see in the customer cookie for the new user group permissions …

HERE IS THE KICKER …

if it happened to you … then most likely all your customers that have saved there login cookie is not going to be able to see your products untill they logout.

so either cs-cart needs to write some code to kick everyone out once that does not have the new cookie … or we will need to post a notice on out sites …

[quote name=‘unique2’]we had the same problem as pretty much everyone here. no products, no categories, no boxes.

this worked worked fine. we had no issues where we had to create a whole new skin. Please try this before going to create a whole new skin.[/QUOTE]

Problems galore here too … its indeed a failure, too many bugs … product information is not displayed at all … i just get a blank page.

I am reverting back to 2.08

Every addon/mod custom development has ever done for anyone is completely broken with this release.

If you have a custom addon or mod which was done by cs custom development, contact me and I’ll do my best to make it compatible with 2.09+

www.snorocket.com

I reverted back to 2.08 and I still see the Data Feeds link under Administration and Memberships link under Users (takes to 404)

Product information is not displayed … like [url]http://www.buyemails.org/designing-services/website-banner.html[/url], just a blank page …

Disgusting … wish I never upgraded.

Does someone have a copy of 2.08 so I can try to reinstall that?

Tried installing fresh 2.09 and restoring database and FAILURE.

Unless someone knows if I can do a fresh install of 2.09 and restore 2.08 data.

Tried and it fails during the restore. It just stops responding.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]The true failure is:

Every addon/mod custom development has ever done for anyone is completely broken with this release, oops I forgot this is part of their business strategy to pull more money into the coffers…[/QUOTE]

The other true failure is delivering the update at the end of a work week, which will prolong the agony for many. Release these updates on a Monday so that bugs can be addressed more quickly by the developers.

Better yet, improve the testing for the upgrade process. You need beta testers with different server environments and with different addons installed at a minimum.

Bob