2.0.8 Design mode doesn't work

When I was using 2.0.6, design mode works well. But I have now upgraded to 2.0.8. Clicking on “View Storefront in customization mode” will open up the website in a new window, but there is no place to change/customize anything, the website is just like the normal public view. The translation mode is the same.

In 2.0.6, in either customization mode, or translation mode, the website will display boxes, design handles where we can click to do changes/customization, but now in 2.0.8, these do not show anymore.

Any help?

I upgraded and both functions work.

Bob

I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 on Windows 7. Tried on IE8 also.

Maybe the browser version and Windows 7 plays a role???

alanpro…did you have any luck with this problem? I just upgraded to 2.0.8 and my customization mode doesn’t work either. I’m using FF3 but tried in Safari as well with no luck.

Try unistall and install any module and customization mode restarts…

For me work fine…

[quote name=‘crisbadia@gmail.com’]Try unistall and install any module and customization mode restarts…

For me work fine…[/QUOTE]

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling module but no luck. Customization/design mode still doesn’t work.

I’m open to suggestions!

Cheers

Same problem… somebody!!!

I have installed a new store and I have the same problem. The strange thing is that the translation mode work fine in backoffice (admin area), but in frontshop doesn’t work.

I try in my mac and in an wind PC.

[quote name=‘alanpro’]When I was using 2.0.6, design mode works well. But I have now upgraded to 2.0.8. Clicking on “View Storefront in customization mode” will open up the website in a new window, but there is no place to change/customize anything, the website is just like the normal public view. The translation mode is the same.

In 2.0.6, in either customization mode, or translation mode, the website will display boxes, design handles where we can click to do changes/customization, but now in 2.0.8, these do not show anymore.

Any help?[/QUOTE]

You just need to sign in when your home page comes up, then all design options are available…

Did you ever solve the problem? I have the same issue.

Thanks,

Shane

[quote name=‘Urban Cowboy’]You just need to sign in when your home page comes up, then all design options are available…[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh!

I was already signed in as the admin, didn’t realize I needed to then also sign into the storefront once I opened it up.

Works now!

I enabled translation mode and edited the text that goes with those admin features… so they now say this when activated:

View STOREFRONT in translation mode (sign in to view).

and…

View STOREFRONT in customization mode (sign in to view).

:slight_smile:

Sounds crazy but I think I found the solution…

While logged in as an admin, just hit :

[url]http://www.yourstore.com/admin.php?cc[/url]

(that is, add ?cc after your admin.php)

How to dissable it again? just hit the same :

[url]http://www.yourstore.com/admin.php?cc[/url]

:roll: