2.0.11 Update thread

[quote name=‘scubagoo’]No install problems, but I started with a clean version first. I remove all of my mods and go back to original files, then back up and upgrade.

However I still wish there was a URL link data field for the data feed module. It works great, but without a url link its pretty much useless because then you still have to load it into excel in order to add the field and you can’t cutn’ paste from a google feed because it doesn’t sort the products the same.

However I least the “Loading… your request…” bar thing has been fixed and the google search engine problem seems to be fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yes i agree … the Datafeed must have a URL link and an Image Link . Otherwise they would be better off loosing this totaly useless mod …

I cant see where it is good for anything at all …

its almost like cs-cart does not want us to have that ability …

I have 2.0.10 installed on another site and tested the 301 re-direct from old site to this site catalog.html and it worked just fine.

I know there is something wrong with the SEO rules set-up in 2.0.11 for index.php?dispatch=categories.catalog changing it to catalog.html but not sure how to communicate this to CS-Cart as they will say it works as designed and I know something is wrong; any suggestions.

Yes, the previous versions did not put the html catalog in a literal folder called catalog, but since 2.09 it has and they say that is expected, then how come none of my URLs worked none of the pay-per-click worked because it put everything instead of www.scubagoo.com/banana-hammock.html it was www.scubagoo.com/catalog/banana-hammock.html and if the pay per click trimmed off the .html assuming the the website would be smart enough to put it back on, but no, you get 404…

I’ve tried to communicate this to the CS team and its just circles… Apparently “working as expected” actually means “Working as far as we’re concerned because we’re not going to listen, instead we’re going to update everything but what really matters, which is SEO”

It doesn’t matter if your website is the freakin hal 9000 of code, if the search engines can’t read it, its the worst site in the world. My original html basic code site was making over 10 times what I do now simply because of search engine replacement. I replaced back-end capability with money. On the flip side, I’ve got one hell of a back end interface to play with and tons of free time.

Robert

[quote name=‘ywalker’]I have 2.0.10 installed on another site and tested the 301 re-direct from old site to this site catalog.html and it worked just fine.

I know there is something wrong with the SEO rules set-up in 2.0.11 for index.php?dispatch=categories.catalog changing it to catalog.html but not sure how to communicate this to CS-Cart as they will say it works as designed and I know something is wrong; any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘sergen’]Hi, I had another problem. After update 2.10 to 2.11, can’t make shop Open, e.g. press Open, it get message OK, Opened, but after refrech it is still closed.

Any ideas?

Hmm, after 15 minutes, shop was started again without any action :)[/QUOTE]

Clear the caches after upgrade if you run into problems: ?index.php?cc

[quote]

Yes, the previous versions did not put the html catalog in a literal folder called catalog, but since 2.09 it has and they say that is expected, then how come none of my URLs worked none of the pay-per-click worked because it put everything instead of www.scubagoo.com/banana-hammock.html it was www.scubagoo.com/catalog/banana-hammock.html and if the pay per click trimmed off the .html assuming the the website would be smart enough to put it back on, but no, you get 404…

[/quote]

Not clear what your desired intent is… As I understand the pre-2.0.11 SEO, products are referenced via /product-name.html or /category-name/product-name.html) and categories are referenced via /category-name.

In 2.0.11, categories referenced like /category-name.html are supposed to generate a 301 redirect to /category-name. Products that are referenced as /product-name.html (but actually live within a category) are also 301 redirected to /category-name/product-name.html.

At least that’s my understanding of what/how it is intended to work which is actually correct behavior (especially when converting/moving a site from another provider that uses “flat” SEO names like Yahoo).

Can you clarify what the SEO name and SEO setup is for your site for

1. a product
  2. a category

Yes we are saying the same thing, except when you turn on the HTML catalog, it redirects everyting into from its original catagory to www.widget.com/catalog/widget.html which throws off all for your datafeeds because it does not export the url as www.widget.com/catalog, it exports it as normal.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Not clear what your desired intent is… As I understand the pre-2.0.11 SEO, products are referenced via /product-name.html or /category-name/product-name.html) and categories are referenced via /category-name.

In 2.0.11, categories referenced like /category-name.html are supposed to generate a 301 redirect to /category-name. Products that are referenced as /product-name.html (but actually live within a category) are also 301 redirected to /category-name/product-name.html.

At least that’s my understanding of what/how it is intended to work which is actually correct behavior (especially when converting/moving a site from another provider that uses “flat” SEO names like Yahoo).

Can you clarify what the SEO name and SEO setup is for your site for

1. a product
  2. a category[/QUOTE]

[quote]

[/quote]

Unfortunately, upon further review, they do not genrate 301 redirects in 2.0.11. See this thread: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=68630#post68630[/url]

I don’t know about the HTML catalog. I would think they are pretty worthless actually. I assume that cs-cart outputs SEO names in the format specified in the SEO options. But note that category.html is not supported, nor can “pages” be formatted to resolve to anything other than the hierarchy they live in.

SEO has changed so many times in cs-cart and I personally don’t see where it really gets any better (other than maybe the language stuff) - which I don’t use). You specify a format for products and one for categories. It then accepts those formats only for de-referencing the seo_name to the page. But there is no redirect. It either resolves or generates a 404.

Hope this clarifies.

Any one having issues with caracteres being added to the url’s?

For exemple my SEO settings are made so I have the following url.

[url]http://www.deporformance.com/seat/ibiza-93-99/[/url]

But after upgrading to 2.0.11 I’m getting the following:

[url]http://www.deporformance.com/seat-[/url][B]pt-2[/B]/ibiza-93-99-[B]pt[/B]/ this is going on, on ALL categories and products… and this is killing my SERP’s as you can imagine… wtf are this development team doing?

CS-cart popup: “CS-Cart not found in such directory”, when I start updating it.

Warning: ftp_chdir() [function.ftp-chdir]: Can’t change directory to /home2/feelflow/public_html/: No such file or directory in /home2/feelflow/public_html/var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.10-2.0.11.tgz/uc_override.php on line 937

Options on “Upgrate center” are correctly.

• -

Sorry for my English :oops:

-------------------------------------------------------

Магазин говорит что он не найден в указанной директории, при нажатии на кнопку обновить на странице обновлений.

Все настройки правильные. Раньше обновлялось, теперь перестало…

возможно это из-за переезда на новый хостинг, если так, - укажите, пожалуйста на какие основные аспекты следует обратить внимание.

После исчесновения всплывающего окна вверху страницы стоит ошибка:

Warning: ftp_chdir() [function.ftp-chdir]: Can’t change directory to /home2/feelflow/public_html/: No such file or directory in /home2/feelflow/public_html/var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.10-2.0.11.tgz/uc_override.php on line 937

хотя магазин продолжает работать…

[quote name=‘scubagoo’]No install problems, but I started with a clean version first. I remove all of my mods and go back to original files, then back up and upgrade.

However I still wish there was a URL link data field for the data feed module. It works great, but without a url link its pretty much useless because then you still have to load it into excel in order to add the field and you can’t cutn’ paste from a google feed because it doesn’t sort the products the same.

However I least the “Loading… your request…” bar thing has been fixed and the google search engine problem seems to be fixed.[/QUOTE]

how did you get google search engine to work on 2.0.11 i noticed my indexing has changed google does not have me ranked high like i was when i had 1.3.5 sp 3 for example mcculloch parts keyword i was ranked top place like 3rd in line now that is not even showing up how do we get these fixed i notice i dont have a sitemap but i dont know how to build one either

will a sitemap help ?