2.0.11 Update thread

Looks like its officially out.

Not sure if this one is for the feint of heart.

Update went fine, lots of stuff for me to fix but thats because it replaced all the contents in my CSS files. I think it had to do with smartoptimizer compressing the contents.

Anyway, Ill update this once Im done fixing things.

Edit: I reverted back, too many changes to fix atm. Reverting back caused an issue.

With SEO urls turned on, I get this issue when clicking on a product or category

Hook fn_google_sitemap_get_rewrite_rules is not callable

Edit 2: Fixed this for now by disabling Google Sitemap

You should back up your skin before updating. Of course you probably know that by now.

I’ll make this post a Master 2.0.11 bug list.

1. Upgrading to 2.0.11 and then reverting break will cause SEO urls to give the following error “Hook fn_google_sitemap_get_rewrite_rules is not callable”. A temporary fix is to disable the Google sitemap addon.

I always seem to run into permissions problems during upgrades… Are there specific instructions as to what permissions need to be during upgrades and then after?

Hi, I had another problem. After update 2.10 to 2.11, can’t make shop Open, e.g. press Open, it get message OK, Opened, but after refrech it is still closed.

Any ideas?

Hmm, after 15 minutes, shop was started again without any action :slight_smile:

Ok, reupdated back to 2.0.11 now that Im home.

I had a lot of custom views / product lists defined inside the custom_templates folder (i.e. product_multicolumns.tpl) and the upgrade cleared out the contents of these files (which it does show in the upgrade log), what it doesnt show is that it now points each file to a new file.

For example, my products_multicolumns.tpl now just points to grid_list.tpl and all of the data I had inside the first file had to be replaced inside the 2nd file (plus the changes that the patch added).

Not an easy upgrade task for anyone with mods. Im 80% complete fixing the site. Its back online but Ive still got to fix my list view.

Oh I was able to renabled google sitemap after going back to 2.0.11 but it does break if you revert back to 2.0.10

[QUOTE]Not an easy upgrade task for anyone with mods.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is why there is all of the talks of using the “Hooks Method”.

Have you tried digging into this approach yet?

had virgin 2.0.10 store with some items did a backend install . all seemed ok ( or so the boxes seem to say) but now front end just say “CLOSED. Sorry, the store is temporarily closed for maintenance.”

Waited 15 minutes like above but still closed

any ideas

[url]Loading... is the page it redirects to

For all “Upgraders”: Don’t forget to delete all files and subfolders in the /var/cache and /var/compiled folder.

[quote name=‘mrfoameruk’]had virgin 2.0.10 store with some items did a backend install . all seemed ok ( or so the boxes seem to say) but now front end just say “CLOSED. Sorry, the store is temporarily closed for maintenance.”

Waited 15 minutes like above but still closed

any ideas

[url]Loading... is the page it redirects to[/QUOTE]

You need to reopen your store. Click the “Open Store” at the bottom of your admin screen.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Yep, that is why there is all of the talks of using the “Hooks Method”.

Have you tried digging into this approach yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet, I’ve been meaning to look into changing everything over to using hooks but I havent yet.

My upgrade is almost complete, everything is fixed now except my list view. I can revert back to my old list view but Im struggling to make it work with the new “list view no options” mode.

Thanks that did it. Site is still there so will check if it works throughout the day.

quick search does not work,

database error calculations are

Do you have your friends in updated

So many bugs in a new version, thats sounds not good!

I have already submitted 5 bug reports in the 1 day since I’ve upgraded. I HIGHLY recommend no one upgrade to 2.0.11. Its just as bad (or worse) than 2.0.9, which was pulled an re-released as 2.0.10.

• New “Shipments” functionality is completely broken. I add shipments but some of the products that were included do not “add”. Repeating the process for the items that were ignored does not add them.

• “Revert” to 2.0.10 is broken. As stated above, the revert doesn’t undo changes made for the google sitemap.

• “Subscriptions” broken. As soon as I add a product to one of my subscription lists that products pricing and option information disappears completely.

• Affiliate approval text. Still broken from 2.0.9/10. Approving an affiliate and including text for the email does not send the text for me. Denying an affil and including text DOES send with the email.

• “Processed” orders paid by credit card completely broken. I use 2 drop shippers. Up through 2.0.10, when a CC was successfully charged, the “open” order status was ignored and the order was marked “Processed”, triggering my supplier and customer emails. From the first order today and every since, when a CC is charged, the “Open” status email goes out (WRONG!) and the order is changed to “Processed” but the supplier emails and customer and order dept. emails do NOT go out (WRONG!).

And this is just the start…

I would be so happy if an automatic upgrade would just work without any errors :frowning:

The problem is when 2.0.12 comes out, we’ll still have to do the 2.0.11 upgrade before we can do 12!

No install problems, but I started with a clean version first. I remove all of my mods and go back to original files, then back up and upgrade.

However I still wish there was a URL link data field for the data feed module. It works great, but without a url link its pretty much useless because then you still have to load it into excel in order to add the field and you can’t cutn’ paste from a google feed because it doesn’t sort the products the same.

However I least the “Loading… your request…” bar thing has been fixed and the google search engine problem seems to be fixed.

Upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.0.11 then reverted back.

The update was “broken” when I moved my old CSS back.

Also I don’t like how the shopping cart displayed the “in stock.”

Even before I moved my old CSS in it looks like its out of place

Oh, well, I will look at it again tomorrow when I have more time.

Hello,

I installed the new version on my test site and have a curious issue. We are testing 301 re-directs to make sure we have them all ready from the old site pages to the new site pages.

Version 2.0.11 has a new SEO rules in Admin/Content that you have to set-up for some pages like categories.catalog to see catalog.html. Well I did that and then did test a redirect from old site to new site; it would not load. Tried it in three browsers. When I went and deleted the SEO rule and had the page load as index.php?dispatch=categories.catalog, the redirect worked fine.

That indicates to me there is something not quite right with the new SEO rules as the page would not load on the redirect.

I would be curious to know if anyone that has 2.0.11 installed is seeing a problem with the bots crawling their site and what kind of messages they are getting.