2.0.10 Checkout stalls between steps in Firefox

I recently installed upgrades 2.0.9 and 2.0.10.

When Users try to checkout, the process stalls between each step. For instance, A guest user enters their contact info (step 1) and clicks “save”. The “Loading…” notification shows up at the top of the screen, but nothing happens.

I first noticed this in Firefox 3.5.5. I went checked it in IE, Safari, and Chrome, and there isn’t a problem. Just Firefox.

If you navigate to the previous page and back to the checkout section, the contact info has been saved (provided you wait at least a second or two for the operation to be performed, that is), and the next step in the checkout process is available to you. However, the problem occurs during each step of the checkout process and also when previously entered information is edited using the “edit” links.

So, this seems to be a pretty widespread javascript / ajax related error. Why it is only happening in Firefox, I’m not sure.

Anyone else having this problem?

I’ve been having the same exact problem. I thought it was just me, but I guess not.

When a customer saves their information the cart hangs the same way, but it hangs even more when I try to remove a product from the cart on the checkout page.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Brandon

[quote name=‘yoyolipgloss’]I recently installed upgrades 2.0.9 and 2.0.10.

When Users try to checkout, the process stalls between each step. For instance, A guest user enters their contact info (step 1) and clicks “save”. The “Loading…” notification shows up at the top of the screen, but nothing happens.

I first noticed this in Firefox 3.5.5. I went checked it in IE, Safari, and Chrome, and there isn’t a problem. Just Firefox.

If you navigate to the previous page and back to the checkout section, the contact info has been saved (provided you wait at least a second or two for the operation to be performed, that is), and the next step in the checkout process is available to you. However, the problem occurs during each step of the checkout process and also when previously entered information is edited using the “edit” links.

So, this seems to be a pretty widespread javascript / ajax related error. Why it is only happening in Firefox, I’m not sure.

Anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

i´ve too the FF 3.5.5 and i havent the problem! It is a fresh installation without upgrades.

yes, i’ve got the same problem but it happens in other browsers too. i’ve even moved to a new server and the problem remains.

it turns out that my problem was caused by an addon called Magic Zoom. it modified a file that prevented the checkout from advancing throught the steps properly. thanks to the CS-Cart support team who spotted the problem. i told Magic Zoom about it and they have now updated their addon which seems to work fine now.