17K Products, 750 Images- Quick Way To Do This?

I have a client with 17,000 products. I'm guessing there's about half that in actual images, as a lot of the products will be just different sizes associated with the same picture.

I understand the import tool and that will work for the actual product data, but I need a faster way than uploading the pictures one at a time so the thumbnail and image are generated correctly.

Is there a way to upload all images via ftp and associated with the image path in the database?

Thanks for any advice.

Phil

Thanks, The Tool. But here's my question. I tried importing the db on my first CS Cart install about 4 months ago, as per the instructions in that link. But unless I did something wrong, it only worked for the primary picture. It didn't work as a thumbnail because the thumbnails are generated, as far as I can tell, only when a product is manually configured and uploading a picture that way. Am I missing something or did it not go right for me initially and that was an aberration?

Phil

If you want to upload your own thumbnails then use the images import only tab. Here is the link in the demo http://demo.cs-cart…ection=products

Edit: After looking at both Product and Images tab, it shouldn't make a difference. Are you sure you did everything correctly when importing the first time?

Am I sure? No. There’s every possibility in the world I did not do it right. :-) Let me revisit. I will let you know what happens. thanks, The Tool.

[quote name=‘phil@humanear.com’ timestamp=‘1427924101’ post=‘209926’]

Am I sure? No. There’s every possibility in the world I did not do it right. :-) Let me revisit. I will let you know what happens.

[/quote]

It should work as this feature is used by many CS-Cart users without any problems. You should just put images to the correct directory