1.35 sp1

I cant seem or am too idiotic to find whats different between 1.35 and 1.35 sp1. Can someone link to me where to find this info or list the info here. I just want to find out if its worth the hassle of using that nasty store manager or manaul upgrade before I attempt it again.

They say do not upgrade a live store, well ummm. Don’t you have to kind of upgrade the live store if thats what you are using CS cart on?

So if someone could point me to where these changes are from 1.35 to sp1 or list them here it would be great so I know if I should waist my time or not.

i do not know how some hosts are setup, but as far as upgrading i simply have my host setup a “test” domain (in my case i have test.gatefold.com) and copy my current store and db to this subdomain. I do all my changes to this test site, and when I am comfortable with the changes, my host simply changes something (the dns i think or server config) renames and points to my working URL (backissues.gatefold.com).

S-Combs can probably explain it better. I also realize some hosts will not setup a “test” domain for free.

You can also set it up on your local machine for testing.

It wouldnt need to be another domain per se`, just a subdomain would do the trick. Well…ummmm, that and the addition of another database.

My host allows unlimited addon domains, and 1000 subdomains. Also unlimited MySQL db’s i believe, if not unlimited, at least 25 or so.

Of course, i notice there is a manual in your file area explaining how to setup cs-cart on your computer. I have used Xampp for many years to test scripts and try out software. It’s a simple setup, and works like a charm.

P.S. I wouldn’t use it for setting up a production webserver (ie. hosting your own site) unless you are very good at securing Apache and such. I dont know much about server configuration, so I just use it to run test scripts and the like.

Can someone link to me where to find this info or list the info here. I just want to find out if its worth the hassle of using that nasty store manager or manaul upgrade before I attempt it again.

Download the full 1.3.5-sp1 install package from your file area and review the CHANGELOG in that package.

As others have said, NO, you should not upgrade a live store without some serious testing. This is why we see so many people on here complaining that they are dead in the water and then trying to lay the blame on CS-Cart. Never trust that the developers got everything right and that there will be no problems related to your particular setup and installation. Don’t forget to check that any changes you previously made can be integrated.

Too many people buy into the allure that a shopping cart is “pushbutton simple”. That is not any more true than believing that running a brick-and-mortar operation requires that you simply rent some space and stock the shelves. While a shopping cart can be a real timesaver (and certainly cheaper than a bespoke system), it is not a panacea. Expect to have to put in some effort in this particular area of your business just as you attend to other areas.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this notion that you just download/upload some files and click a few links does not make one a successful online merchant any more than simply buying the best race car makes one a successful race car driver.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Sorry to be so blunt, but this notion that you just download/upload some files and click a few links does not make one a successful online merchant any more than simply buying the best race car makes one a successful race car driver.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Nice analogy:!: :wink: