1.3.4 sp4 to 2.04 Database Upgrade

DB Upgrade Wizard posted by Darius below:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=51936&postcount=5[/url]

I got it free of charge

Awesome Sno!!!

[quote name=‘Darius’]I got it free of charge[/QUOTE]

then post it up, you gonna eat a whole box of twinkies or are you gonna share’ them?

[quote name=‘snorocket’]then post it up, you gonna eat a whole box of twinkies or are you gonna share’ them?[/QUOTE]

I just asked for it in

[url]http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com/[/url]

Not sure if I am allowed to share it here.

INSTRUCTIONS

Please read the instruction below carefully to proceed with upgrading your CS-Cart 1.3.5 .

Important note!

This script will update your CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 up to CS-Cart v 2.0.4 and this will entail the following:

1. Addon settings will not be saved.

2. All modifications made on CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 will not be transferred to CS-Cart v 2.0.

3. Not all Condition rules will be transferred from CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 to CS-Cart v 2.0. Therefore promotions may intersect with each other.

4. There will be only those sideboxes specified in Listmania of CS-Cart v 1.3.5 sp4 and four more (Categories, My account, Mailing list, Information)

5. The “Basic” skin will be used for the admin panel and the skin defined during the installation of CS-Cart v 2.0 will be used for the storefront.

6. All images which were stored in the database will be transferred to the file system.

7. Manufacturers will be related to product features.

8. Topics will be moved to Pages.

9. Links in Top Quick Links will have the same values as before.

Upgrade steps.

10. Log in to the admin panel of CS-Cart version 1.3.5 sp4 which needs upgrading.

1.1) If it is specified in the settings that images are stored in the file system:

Ć*) Go to the “Settings” page (http://[YOUR-SHOP-CART-LINK]/admin.php?target=settings).

b) Select the “Database” value for Images location.

c) Click “Update” to move images to the database.

11. Go to the “DB Backup/Restore” page (http://[YOUR-SHOP-CART-LINK]/admin.php?target=database).

12. Specify the file name for dump - “dump_135_sp4.sql” and make the full dump of the database (all the tables) without any archivation.

13. Install the CS-Cart version NO LESS THAN 2.0.4 to a different web folder on your server.

14. Copy the following files to the root folder where CS-Cart version 2.0.4 is installed:

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

15. Copy the CS-Cart 1.3.5 database dump created in point 3 of this instruction to the folder where CS-Cart version 2.0.4 is installed.

16. Launch the “do_upgrade.php” script.

After the “OK” text is displayed, the upgrade is considered complete and you can open the store. It is necessary to delete the following files after the upgrade is finished:

do_upgrade.php,

change_structure.sql,

update_descriptions.sql,

update_vars.sql.

Thank you for choosing CS-Cart

can you attach the files?

Thank You for sharing your twinkies Darius…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]thanks thanks thanks[/QUOTE]

I did not found any notes for not sharing this so I guess its OK :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Darius’]I did not found any notes for not sharing this so I guess its OK :-)[/QUOTE]

naaaaaaa your ok, I’ve updated my original post, I’d rather cs take the responsibility of people crashing there stores…LOL

[quote name=‘snorocket’]naaaaaaa your ok, I’ve updated my original post, I’d rather cs take the responsibility of people crashing there stores…LOL[/QUOTE]

I will add that its NO GO for 135 SP3 or lower → 2.0X !!!

[quote name=‘snorocket’]naaaaaaa your ok, I’ve updated my original post, I’d rather cs take the responsibility of people crashing there stores…LOL[/QUOTE]

I don’t want any credit for this :slight_smile: use it on your own risk!

Why cs-cart won’t release it for the public???

Thanks Sno.This is really great.

[quote name=‘joe’]Why cs-cart won’t release it for the public???[/QUOTE]

Because its still beta.